Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
Runaway Buggy >

Runaway Buggy

Runaway Buggy

Old 04-01-2017, 07:03 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Runaway Buggy

Hey guys, I'm new to posting to the Forum so please forgive me if this posting is in the wrong category.

I'm attempting to build my first race quality buggy. Everything I have bought until this point has been RTR. Anyway i'll be running a Team Associated B5M lite in stock 17.5 class. I have a team Trinity "Monster Horsepower" motor, Savox steering servo, Hobbywing XeRun XR10 Justock ESC all controlled by a Spektrum DX4C radio and reciever.

So anyway here is my problem. Today I was setting up my ESC, for what I though I wanted to start out with. Per the ESC instructions I turned it off to complete my settings. With my radio on, I turned the vehicle back on and all it wanted to do was go 100mph. Fortunately nothing got broke and no one got hurt. I spent the better part of 2hrs trying to figure out where I went wrong, but had no success. I even purchased the Hobbywing programing box to try and program it that way. Still with no success.

If anyone has had this happen or can offer any assistance, it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-02-2017, 04:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by BigBuck
Hey guys, I'm new to posting to the Forum so please forgive me if this posting is in the wrong category.

I'm attempting to build my first race quality buggy. Everything I have bought until this point has been RTR. Anyway i'll be running a Team Associated B5M lite in stock 17.5 class. I have a team Trinity "Monster Horsepower" motor, Savox steering servo, Hobbywing XeRun XR10 Justock ESC all controlled by a Spektrum DX4C radio and reciever.

So anyway here is my problem. Today I was setting up my ESC, for what I though I wanted to start out with. Per the ESC instructions I turned it off to complete my settings. With my radio on, I turned the vehicle back on and all it wanted to do was go 100mph. Fortunately nothing got broke and no one got hurt. I spent the better part of 2hrs trying to figure out where I went wrong, but had no success. I even purchased the Hobbywing programing box to try and program it that way. Still with no success.

If anyone has had this happen or can offer any assistance, it would be greatly appreciated.
Welcome to the forums and the wonderful world of RC racing. To me it sounds like you still have not done the base transmitter calibration on the ESC.

http://www.hobbywing.com/products/enpdf/XeRunXR10Justock.pdf

Refer to section 1 calibration. If you have issues completing the calibration it is often because you need to revers your throttle on the transmitter. Hope this helps.
Old 04-02-2017, 07:03 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hold down the esc power button till it resets.. then recalibrate. Make sure all your controller settings are set to 100% or flat.

While in neutral press the esc power button till it beeps
Give it full throttle then press button again till it beeps
Then full reverse and press again... should be all set..
Old 04-02-2017, 12:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

I feel like everyone has had this happen at some point.
Old 04-04-2017, 03:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

And leave the tires off while calibrating, I found this out the hard way.
Old 04-04-2017, 04:13 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racingnewb
And leave the tires off while calibrating, I found this out the hard way.
Just duct tape it to a car stand while calibrating.

Make sure you are pressing the program button while turning on the esc with your radio on with everything set to neutral. Once you get to programming just follow the instructions.
Old 05-07-2017, 05:51 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I prop the car on a box or repair stand when calibrating. Keeps all four off the ground.
Old 05-18-2017, 06:49 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

lol I had mine on a car stand and it shot off until it hit a wall... and survived!