Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Breaking into drift, need some input

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2016, 05:28 PM
Tech Rookie

Questions?? Breaking into drift, need some input

Been flying Quad copters for some time now and just too much of a hassle to get in the air anymore. So im looking to get into more ground level fun in drifting, looking for something more on the lines of brushless RTR under $250.

The Redcat Racing Lightning EPX PRO caught my eye and seems to get decent reviews and enough on a base level to toy with later to try new things.

Dont mind Kits but just don't have that level of money to drop into something new before i know i want to commit.

Any incite or recommendations from those a bit more knowledged then myself would be great and much appreciated.

On a side note aside from a few 2s LiPos and my charger most of my quad stuff is uhh in bits atm after my last outing,it turns out you cant out race a rainstorm and steep fall.
Old 09-10-2016, 11:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

The redcat stuff is generally under-rated as beginner equipment imo, however, there is very little drift interest on this forum - your more specific drift questions are probably better over at driftmission.
Old 09-11-2016, 08:48 AM
Tech Rookie

Was poking around there a bit but seemed less active site compared to here. Will take a bit more of a look there. Thanks

On a side note is Nitro that bad? Everyone seems to advise not starting there or in general with it.
Old 09-11-2016, 11:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

There's a drift thread here as well but it's also not that active: http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...ng-cars-8.html

What nitro offers compared to electric is more noise, more tuning, more maintenance and a toxic smell that gets all over all your RC stuff and eventually into your garage and house. The remaining nitro fans call those "features"; I can't see any need for nitro anymore beyond some historically significant racing classes like 1/8th scale.
Old 09-12-2016, 07:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Might check out a Sakura d4 kit.. They also have some prebuilt for not a lot of dough..
Old 09-15-2016, 07:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

Grab anything from mst and go from there. Best parts availability for anything drift. Most of your hpi, tamiya etc etc is basically a touring car with hard tyres.