Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
How to Get Rid of Annoying Kids while you playing your RC? >

How to Get Rid of Annoying Kids while you playing your RC?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree8Likes

How to Get Rid of Annoying Kids while you playing your RC?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2016, 08:01 AM
Tech Initiate

Default How to Get Rid of Annoying Kids while you playing your RC?

I am a dad, my best experience with RC car was not from races, it was a day like 10 kids chased my RC car on the school and 2 of them fell and cried hard.

that day was great

but today again, another 3 or 4 years old boy asked me in rude way that he wanted to play, of course I ignored him and said no.

so my car get stuck and he went to grab it hard right from my LED light's wires. And one of the light really broke after he did that.

His dad is just busy to chat with another girl...

I was really upset.

I had many bad experience with kids...like they tried to throw rocks on my car, tried to use tree branch to hit my car..

I don't know how to deal with them. sometimes it just happen so fast like a kid just run in front of your car from nowhere while you are concentrating.

RC parts are expensive!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-04-2016, 08:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Believe it or not, we already have a thread for that topic: http://www.rctech.net/forum/chat-lou...hood-kids.html
Old 05-04-2016, 08:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You have a few options-

A- You whisper death threats in their little ears or simply tell them that if they do it again you are going to follow them home and tell their parents.

B- You go tell the parents and explain the price they will have to pay if one of their kids steps on your RC car. They would expect the same if you ran over their kids bike...pogo stick... or what ever it is that kids play with these days.

C- As soon as you see them come out to chase your car, you pick it up and go inside. They won't get the message. But when they ask why you're stopping, you tell them loud enough so people can hear "Because your mom and dad have raised a little Shi* head that doesn't know how to act. Not to mention understand that when somethings not yours, you don't F***** touch it." Parents will get offended and come say something to defend themselves then you fall back on plan B.

Bottom line is most kids are little shi* heads and they don't understand if it's not yours, you don't mess with it.

I had a good experience with some kids the other day though. They saw me playing with my car and came over and asked to see it. They asked politely and I said yes. One of them was ballsy enough to ask if he could drive it. I simply explained that this was a VERY expensive item and that I didn't feel comfortable letting someone else, especially a child drive it. He was respectful and said "Ok, just figured I would ask"

Big thing is don't entertain them. When they start chasing it, pick it up and go in side. By letting them chase the car, it becomes a game to them. Now the rock throwing, stick throwing, etc... that is ground for immediate door knocking.
Old 05-04-2016, 12:25 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by acejumphigh
I am a dad, my best experience with RC car was not from races, it was a day like 10 kids chased my RC car on the school and 2 of them fell and cried hard.

that day was great

but today again, another 3 or 4 years old boy asked me in rude way that he wanted to play, of course I ignored him and said no.

so my car get stuck and he went to grab it hard right from my LED light's wires. And one of the light really broke after he did that.

I was really upset.

I had many bad experience with kids...like they tried to throw rocks on my car, tried to use tree branch to hit my car..

I don't know how to deal with them. sometimes it just happen so fast like a kid just run in front of your car from nowhere while you are concentrating.

PLEASE tell me English isn't your first language and you're having trouble translating what you're trying to say. Otherwise you sound like a complete douche bag!
SubSailor and 1/8 IC Fan like this.
Old 05-04-2016, 03:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 104 (100%+)
Default kids

Unless you have kids of your own it hard to understand kids. First they are children not animals. You can't fix what there parents have not taught them. And the simple fix is don't drive your RC cars where kids are. Or you can take the other approach like I have keep 3 or 4 cost effective [cheep] rc cars around and teach them to drive and care for and then sell them the car and problem fixed.
Old 05-04-2016, 05:22 PM
Tech Rookie

Why not find a more secluded area?
VoltageDrop likes this.
Old 05-25-2016, 10:04 AM
Tech Rookie

that day was great
Wow...what a douche...you, not the kids.
SubSailor and VoltageDrop like this.
Old 06-30-2016, 08:26 AM
Tech Initiate

that day was great

I was really upset.

I have had all kinds of crazy experiences but not with kids, with adults, and the adult children of my neighbors. They try to stomp the cars, or spray them down with water... so rude. I had to actually file a protection order against one of them who would not let me pass on the street to go get my vehicle in a ditch. He was stinking drunk and a real jerk who I am glad to see his house is up for sale. Bye bye!
Old 06-30-2016, 12:55 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)
Thumbs up Attractive nuisance

Well, the neighborhood kids just see it as something cool & their curiosity just gets the best of them!! Yeah, they're going to ask 10,000 questions & be kind of annoying, but hey, THEY'RE KIDS!!
I just pick my car up & explain to them what it is. Stop & answer some questions & have the kids either stand off to the left or right side of me, so I know where they are & I don't have to worry about them getting in the way.
It's kind of like seeing a 427 Ford Cobra Jet parked at a Waffle House . Sure you're going to look!! Might even ask a few questions, but you're not going to open the doors & climb in. That's because you're an adult & you probably know what would happen if you did!!
It's called an attractive nuisance for a reason.
Old 06-30-2016, 01:51 PM
Tech Adept

Depends on the neighborhood. I might get shot by the kids here.

As mentioned they are kids and RC cars are cool things. But again, they are kids, they don't know or sometimes care about crossing the line and a few will cross it repeatedly.

Easier to find another place to bash some days.
Old 06-30-2016, 10:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

This is easy. If they ask politely, let them steer it and you hold the radio so you control speed and braking in case they start driving toward a wall or something. I have an 1/8 scale ebuggy and I do this all the time. The nitro is off limits.

To an uneducated person, these cars look like something you get at Toys r us. They don't know how much they cost to maintain and own. If they are rude you put the car in the trunk or go in the house until they go away or get bored. Simple huh?

If you are running a nitro up and down the street all hours of the day, it can get annoying to your neighbours. I live in an apartment complex and have never fired my nitro anywhere close to home. Sometimes though, I'll pull out the ebuggy, like once a month
Old 07-01-2016, 08:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ebaker54
You have a few options-

A- You whisper death threats in their little ears or simply tell them that if they do it again you are going to follow them home and tell their parents.

B- You go tell the parents and explain the price they will have to pay if one of their kids steps on your RC car. They would expect the same if you ran over their kids bike...pogo stick... or what ever it is that kids play with these days.

C- As soon as you see them come out to chase your car, you pick it up and go inside. They won't get the message. But when they ask why you're stopping, you tell them loud enough so people can hear "Because your mom and dad have raised a little Shi* head that doesn't know how to act. Not to mention understand that when somethings not yours, you don't F***** touch it." Parents will get offended and come say something to defend themselves then you fall back on plan B.

Bottom line is most kids are little shi* heads and they don't understand if it's not yours, you don't mess with it.

I had a good experience with some kids the other day though. They saw me playing with my car and came over and asked to see it. They asked politely and I said yes. One of them was ballsy enough to ask if he could drive it. I simply explained that this was a VERY expensive item and that I didn't feel comfortable letting someone else, especially a child drive it. He was respectful and said "Ok, just figured I would ask"

Big thing is don't entertain them. When they start chasing it, pick it up and go in side. By letting them chase the car, it becomes a game to them. Now the rock throwing, stick throwing, etc... that is ground for immediate door knocking.
My drag racing days, there was a wheel stander and was talking to the driver (nice guy) and I jokingly asked him if I could drive it. He said if I could get it started within 30 seconds by myself to be his guest.
Old 07-01-2016, 08:46 AM
Tech Initiate

I have about 5 or 6 kid's at my apt's that hear it and come running. I called a meeting and told them that they have to stay on the curb or I can't run it with them around. Told them it was dangerous and I can't have anyone near or someone will get hurt.

They were cool with it and they have been good at doing so.
Old 07-06-2016, 01:42 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I guess I have a different approach. I hand them the remote and show them how to use it. I answer their questions, and I let them drive it around for a little while. After that, I ask for the remote back, and go back to my playing.
Old 07-06-2016, 11:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jim85IROC
I guess I have a different approach. I hand them the remote and show them how to use it. I answer their questions, and I let them drive it around for a little while. After that, I ask for the remote back, and go back to my playing.
A 2wd slash or something, sure but I have a 1/8 ebuggy. If you have never driven one they are stupid fast and I have about $1500 wrapped up in it. I'll let them steer but not the throttle or brake. Ever been hit by one? I have many times, they hurt. Can't let them hit one of the other little ones. A slower and lighter car sure why not.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.