Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
What make the titanium tunrbuckles better than the stock ones? >

What make the titanium tunrbuckles better than the stock ones?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What make the titanium tunrbuckles better than the stock ones?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 05:23 PM
Tech Initiate

Default What make the titanium tunrbuckles better than the stock ones?

I just bought the Lunford's titanium turnbuckles and hinges.

What make them better than the stockers?
Also are the hinges different? Or should I just leave them in there package?

Where can I get those grey rod ends that people say are better than stock?

Thanks,
Mike
Old 12-08-2005, 06:01 PM
Tech Master

Titanium turnbuckles are stronger and lighter than stock steel pieces. They are a huge improvement over stock turnbuckles, and are a good investment for the racer.

The Lunsford rod ends in the kit are an improvement over the stock ones as well. They will offer a tighter, more precise fit that won't bind. They will provide more low friction operation for longer periods of time without maintnence. They should also be stronger than the stock ones as well...afterall, what good is having titanium turnbuckles if the rod ends are still the weakest links?

The grey rod ends are a mystery to me. I know DuBro and Lunsford make high quality, low friction replacements that are often times stronger than stock parts, but as far as "Grey" ones go, I would need more information about the car your using, and the turnbuckle kit you bought.
Old 12-08-2005, 06:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I think the gray ball cups he is talking about are the losi gray ball cups. If you are just starting out, stay away from those, they will make other parts break instead of the ballcup just popping off. The gray ballcups are made from a ultra strong composite material that is extremely rigid. They are reccomended for those who can stay off the boards and not crash.

RPM ball cups are awesome, you would be smart to invest in a set of those, they are just as strong as the losi's but the will give alot easier.
Old 12-09-2005, 04:32 AM
Tech Initiate

Okay. The Lunford tie rod kit I bought only came with the tie rods and hinge pins. No rod ends.

The stock rod ends don't fit so I couldn't install them.

I did by a set of four rod ends because I have a stock rod end that keeps popping off. Those fit the Lunford tierods. I'll use those till I need new ones and I'll replace it with some nicer pieces.

Now are the hinge pins better than the stock ones? OR just leave those alone?

Thanks,
Mike