Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
So I bought a new Team Losi XXX-NT RTR 2. >

So I bought a new Team Losi XXX-NT RTR 2.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

So I bought a new Team Losi XXX-NT RTR 2.

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 01:43 AM
Tech Initiate

Default So I bought a new Team Losi XXX-NT RTR 2.

The parts that this truck uses are for Team Losi? I'm confused. I can't really find parts for this thing. Like aluminum control arms or titanium turnbuckles.

Sorry I'm an ultra noob. I have yet to even turn my car on.

I'll break it in over the weekend but I want a failsafe. What's a good brand/type to get? I've seen a Venom one with and without the engine temp control too.

Can this truck use other companies stuff? Like wheels?

Thanks,
Mike
Old 12-01-2005, 01:53 PM
Tech Master

Pro-Line wheels, tires and bodies will work. Associated rims may have slightly different offsets but the drive type (Pin) is the same.

We will hopefully release an aluminum bumper for it soon...just in case you're interested!

Lunsford makes titanium turnbuckles for it, and MIP makes CVD's that will fit too. Team Losi makes both the truck, and the parts that fit it. There are a wide range of parts available from Dynamite that will fit this truck. (By the way...Lunsford and Dynamite are both spelt correctly on this page...). You can put in any engine with small block mounts, and any servo brand will fit it too. Futaba servos have a fin on the plug that you need to remove with side cutters, but other than that they are all interchangable. You can swap the entire radio system out for something from JR, Futaba, Sanwa, Airtronics, KO Propo, Hitec, Nomadio, or Spektrum. There are definatly more but these are the ones to look into first. You can put in a variety of NiMH reciever packs (Which is reccomended) and any glow plug with the proper length threads will work (Just as long as it's not the turbo kind because the Dynamite MACH .15 uses standart plugs). Motor Savers makes good air filters you can put on it, and I'm sure DuBro can hook you up with some cool rod ends as well. Team Blue Star makes aluminum chassis for it too. There are many parts available for this vehicle, you just have to search around.

Duratrax, Futaba, and Venom all make good failsafe's. For a noobie like yourself (No offense intended) I would go with the one that has the temp monitor. It saves you from needing an extra temp monitor in your pocket all the time. It's enough to have to carry a fuel bottle, gallon jug, glow starter, shaft starter, truck, radio and screwdriver set around with you...no one needs an extra temp gun when you can have one onboard. You don't seem like you're going racing anytime soon, so I don't think the 2 OZ failsafe is going to be an overwhelming disadvantage for you.

Hope this helps!
Old 12-01-2005, 08:10 PM
Tech Initiate

Great!! Thanks for your time with the reply!

I already have a temp gun. That little blue one I bought...I think it was a Duratrax. I heard people get inconsistant reading with the Venom temp fail safe thing. So I'm probably just going to go to my local store and pick up a Venom fail safe. The regular kind.
Again, thanks for the info.
I'll check out your site!
Mike
Old 12-01-2005, 08:12 PM
Tech Initiate

When did this car come out? How new is it. I know the RC10GT is an older model car.
Old 12-11-2005, 07:43 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BONESTOCK
When did this car come out? How new is it. I know the RC10GT is an older model car.
It's fairly new, trust me. The RC10GT has been around for a long time, but it has been improved since the original RC10GT.Rumour has it that a new RC10GT is on it's way.

All Venom products are considered inaccurate. Their Failsafe works okay, though.
Old 12-11-2005, 10:38 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks!