Wiki Posts
Search

4wd buggy vs 2wd buggy

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2016, 08:43 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jbrow1
Yes, I always feel grateful for the tracks that are close. I don't race much anymore though, b/c I don't like to drive much anymore. The offroad track is 30 minutes away, but only races about once, maybe twice a month in the summer. Great place, hand scoring, keeps it low key etc. The carpet track is also 30 minutes away, relaxed program, not a big turnout, but it's a place to run my 1/12 that's close, those don't come around very often!

I built a nice track for myself and the kids in the backyard. Drivers stand, tubes, loam dirt, love it. Get to run rc cars every day when it's nice and never leave home, doesn't get any better than that!
with the new to us house we have, have room I could setup something like that, but would have to make it very nice. no dirt, so astroturf like mini-golf so it keeps, etc. I see people out here doing that with mini putting practice areas, maybe I coudl do that lol.
Old 02-27-2016, 09:11 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Hello I am a newbie in RC car (Technically I used to run on-road touring when I was in high school and came back after 12ish years) and I currently run shortcourse and buggy. I use the shortcourse truck (SC5M) on the novice class at the local track.

It seems the stock class is not popular and I had trouble clearing double jump so the owner suggested i get either 13.5 or 10.5, which I ended up getting 10.5 for the short course. It's very powerful but I have been learning to control the throttle and use only when I need.

I will hope to get into the stock buggy 2wd class soon once I get more comfortable on my driving with shortcourse which is easier to drive and more durable to my poor driving.

2wd buggy is really hard for me. My car keep flipping so i am sticking with SC for now.
Old 02-27-2016, 09:48 AM
Tech Legend

Make sure you have the right tires for your track. And ask around those who have the same vehicle if they have any tips or a setup they recommend to start with.
Old 03-01-2016, 11:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

I was going to pull the trigger on a new 2wd 1/10th scale, after this thread I might reconsider that idea!

Cain - what do you recommend tire-wise for packed dirt 2wd?
Old 03-01-2016, 12:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stroked250
I was going to pull the trigger on a new 2wd 1/10th scale, after this thread I might reconsider that idea!

Cain - what do you recommend tire-wise for packed dirt 2wd?
You have to ask the guys running the track or wherever you'll be running what tires they use. Tires are very track and surface specific.
Old 03-01-2016, 01:26 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by jbrow1
You have to ask the guys running the track or wherever you'll be running what tires they use. Tires are very track and surface specific.
+1 . that is the best place to start. Have the wrong tires and you'll be chasing setups all day long.
Old 03-06-2016, 05:07 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Our local track runs a Stock 17.5 2wd buggy class and a Stock 13.5 4wd buggy class. The 4wd buggy's do average faster lap times in the AMAIN over 2wd drive.
Old 03-06-2016, 07:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sauce3333
Our local track runs a Stock 17.5 2wd buggy class and a Stock 13.5 4wd buggy class. The 4wd buggy's do average faster lap times in the AMAIN over 2wd drive.
That would make sense because they're using faster motors along with having a lot more traction.