Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekno 410.3 Electronics Questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2015, 05:38 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Tekno 410.3 Electronics Questions

Hello! First time ever posting in a forum. I have a few questions in trying to decide on a motor/esc/batteries for my newly built Tekno 410.3. Really enjoyed building this one!!!! I dont have much experience with this aside from online research. I do plan to start racing sometime in the future but want to start by building a track and just messing around a bit on my property as i have access to a backhoe. From my research it seems the Tekin RX8 Gen 2 and the 4300hd are the way to go running 2s. Also I have 6300mah 2s i just bought but can return if needed.

My question is, will that setup be ok for what im wanting to do at home?

Will it run too hot? More concerned with the 2s batteries.

Or would it be better to go with the Tekin combo that has the 1/8th scale motor on 3s? Thinking the batteries and motor may run cooler? And get more run time?

I'm fine with the bigger motor because my local track is very open and i would think its less stress on the whole system but not sure. I've learned too many lessons buying cheaper electronics in general and want the best i can afford and the Tekin is at my limit. I am very open to different brands but I want sensored motors.

Hopefully this is enough info. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!!!
Old 11-28-2015, 05:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

6300mah is perfect, rx8 and 4300hd are great too.
Old 11-28-2015, 06:29 PM
mkl
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

That Tekin set up will work great. That is what I have in my Tekno, no issues. For batteries check out SMC. They have a 7200 mah hat happen to be on sale for $39. They work very well and apparently a lot of Team Tekno drivers use them. I have been very happy with mine.
Old 11-28-2015, 06:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

The rx8 is fine, You don't need to go a 1/8 scale motor, someone may correct me here but I don't think a t8 will fit on this truck. Other pro4 hd motor options are,
3s - 3000kV / 2500kV / 1850kV
4s - 1850kV
Higher voltage motors run cooler and are more efficient. Hobbywing is also a slightly cheaper alternative but are very good combinations, have a look at the
XERUN-SCT-PRO 1/10 Combo.
Don't be afraid of heat with the combination you have suggested, geared properly it will be awesome on 2s. Run a motor fan and heatsink for extra piece of mind, I always do whether motors are running cool or not.
Old 11-28-2015, 06:42 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks!!! Will check out those batteries. What servo are you running? Been looking at savox 1258
Old 11-28-2015, 06:49 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by blarks
The rx8 is fine, You don't need to go a 1/8 scale motor, someone may correct me here but I don't think a t8 will fit on this truck. Other pro4 hd motor options are,
3s - 3000kV / 2500kV / 1850kV
4s - 1850kV
Higher voltage motors run cooler and are more efficient. Hobbywing is also a slightly cheaper alternative but are very good combinations, have a look at the
XERUN-SCT-PRO 1/10 Combo.
Don't be afraid of heat with the combination you have suggested, geared properly it will be awesome on 2s. Run a motor fan and heatsink for extra piece of mind, I always do whether motors are running cool or not.
Yea, I was told it will fit but not sure. Whats a good pinion to start with? Was thinking 17t
Old 11-28-2015, 06:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Depends on motor and track I guess, with the 4300 maybe 15 or 16, I usually determine pinion by driving as well as checking motor temps, others may go by final drive ratio etc, but thats all too complicated for me Also even if the t8 fits I think it will be far to brutal, probably more power than you can use.