Wiki Posts
Search

Tire compound help

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2015, 04:03 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Questions?? Tire compound help

Hello guys. So I race on a small concrete oval that's indoors. I was looking at getting new tires and ran across the proline Primes and thought I'd try them. I'm not sure about the compound though. They have super soft M4 and Clay MC. I want some bite but not so much I'm trying to traction roll easily in the corners.

Curious if you all have had any experience. I saw a few post here and there but not many that have tried the clay compound. Thanks for any thoughts.

Last edited by trudgeP164; 10-30-2015 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 10-31-2015, 07:09 PM
Tech Adept

Compound is one of many variables. Have you experimented with chassis set-up? If you are traction rolling, start messing with roll centers, spring rates, shock package. It sounds like you have enough traction if you are traction rolling.
Old 10-31-2015, 08:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

We run m4 primes on an indoor dirt track that is swept and watered after each round. Now add a little tire sauce and we have great traction. But the tire tend to wear out very out and stretch quickly. Some people have been known to go through a set of tires in one night of racing. I imagine m4s would get destroyed on concrete.
Old 10-31-2015, 08:24 PM
Suspended

well if ur running concrete . you dont want clay tire sauce ..ugh

Id start with wd40.. spray on tires let dry the night or 2 b4 u race.. that works great on concrete and carpet. and a few other surfaces..it will not break down tires. unless u soak them in it for hours ..
Old 10-31-2015, 10:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey guys thanks for the replies. Most people at this track and myself usually run the duratrax banditos. Ive never saw anyone run slicks then I saw the proline Primes and just looking at them I thought looked like they were worth trying on a concrete oval. I ran the banditos in super soft and was dealing with some traction roll issues. I ended up last race using them except on the right rear and used a harder and little worn bandito on it. The prime for short course just comes in the clay and super soft so I think I may try the clay in hopes its not to much traction. Thanks again guys.