Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
Bringing Rc on the plane >

Bringing Rc on the plane

Bringing Rc on the plane

Old 06-22-2015, 08:27 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Bringing Rc on the plane

I know this has probably been asked 1000 times. But can o bring my sc10 in a backpack on the plane? I would have my transmitter and one 25c 5000 mah battery. I tried calling the local airport and airline and couldn't talk to a real human being which was frustrating. I am flying aligent airlines if anyone has info on them. Thank you so so so much for any input you have
Old 06-22-2015, 08:51 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ben42
I know this has probably been asked 1000 times. But can o bring my sc10 in a backpack on the plane? I would have my transmitter and one 25c 5000 mah battery. I tried calling the local airport and airline and couldn't talk to a real human being which was frustrating. I am flying aligent airlines if anyone has info on them. Thank you so so so much for any input you have
I personally Put my trucks in a small carry on bag and bring them on carry on. You can not bring on tools and other stuff like that. Those have to be in a checked bag because they can be weapons.

The lipo needs to be in a container and the connectors need to be covered, then you carry it on. You have to carry on Lipos. I used a lipo bag, with electrical tape over the connectors. You are only allowed to carry on a finite amount of lithium and I cant remember the amount.

Last time I flew I had 5 3000Mah 3 cells in a lipo bag and my Tx in my backpack. I also had two trucks in a carry on bag. My friend flying with me had the same setup. Not a single question was asked of me or him. Just let the xray people know what you have so they don't freak at all the wires.

I will say going through the first class TSA checkpoint made things a little smoother. they didn't even open up my lipo bag or anything. My friend went through the regular check point and they opened and looked at everything.
Old 06-22-2015, 08:53 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Yes, you can bring your car on the plane. Traveled to many states with my items, never had a problem.
Old 06-23-2015, 12:27 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

What kind of a container? Does it have to be a lipo bag?