Old 06-02-2015, 08:01 PM
Tech Adept

Default Budget gear. Servo rx/tx

Good budget servo?
Rx/tx?
E1201 12kg servo (ebay)
Fs gt2 radio set.

How is flysky gear? Is it decent?

I need several radio sets for me and the kids.
Servos i want to be good quality.
Old 06-03-2015, 08:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Radios and servos are a buy quality once or buy twice proposition. In this hobby, these days, corners can easily be cut on motors, esc's, etc and you'll get 98% of the name-brand performance for 30% of the price but that's not the case with radio gear. It's hard to have fun with a radio that the car won't react to until it's gone ten feet after you've turned the wheel because the lag is so bad or with a servo that might deliver the listed specs or might be best timed with a sundial through it's motion but you don't know what you've got until you get it.

You're in a bind because you need several sets but this would be a good thread to take a look at for you: http://www.rctech.net/forum/radio-el...io-basher.html
Old 06-03-2015, 08:34 PM
Tech Initiate

I just received my flysky gt3b rx/tx the other day. I researched and new what to expect. So far i have not been disappointed. It certainly isnt a $200-$500 spectrum or futaba, but for $40 i think it is well worth it. I hope to do the upgrades such as firmware and wheel bearing on it. If i had it to do over again i would have probably bought one of the units from the people who do the upgrades to the TX before they send it to you.

I also just upgraded the servo in my SCT to a savox 0251. I have been very satisfied with it so far as well and at $40 i felt it was a great deal.

Of course i do mostly bashing so i have no idea how these items would perform in race conditions. If i do build a racing rig i will mostly likely opt for some more expensive, higher quality equipment. Like the saying goes "you get what you pay for".