Wiki Posts
Search

sc10 4x4 tuning question

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 01:58 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default sc10 4x4 tuning question

Hello, I have been practicing every week at my local track with my sc10 4x4. It started completely stock (rtr setup) and they only thing I have changed is yellow springs up front, added sway bars, (2.2 front 2.0 back). I have also added 4mm of spacers under the rear camber links because I saw that could help with rear traction. My question is: What can I do to get MORE rear traction? I run at an indoor clay track where other people look like they are literally glued to the track. I am running aka wishbones, which helped a lot from the stock tires but still very far behind in the traction game. Thanks for any help you might have!
Old 05-26-2015, 03:57 PM
Tech Elite

Ben, are you losing traction on power, or off power?
Old 05-26-2015, 04:22 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

It is a mix of both. When exiting the corner, if I am too hard on the throttle, it breaks loose. But also, when going down the long back stretch into a hard left it will slide out from under me as well. It just feels as if it is on the brink of breaking loose all the time. If I land a jump slightly sideways, its game over. I just see these guys litterally glued to the track, like they can put it wherever they want.
Old 05-27-2015, 08:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

You are asking a very track-specific question but in general, some things to know. First, no SC truck comes with a good clay setup out of the box, especially the 4wd SC ones. Your cheat sheet is to go here and use that setup as your new baseline - all of it, all in one shot. A setup described as being for high-bite clay will be a way better starting point for you than trying to work that way on your own and then you can tune to your liking from there.
Second, you probably still don't have the "right" tires. I believe most of the indoor clay tracks in AZ actually run slicks most of the time (confirm with the local track in question) which means the Proline Prime will be the first choice tire but even among the "treaded" ones, the Wishbone was a tire that was rarely optimal and has been eclipsed by the Chainlink, etc - make sure your tires are a "clay" compound as well.