Wiki Posts
Search

spare parts

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2015, 07:16 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default spare parts

Looking to get into 1/10 2wd buggy racing, I was wonder which spares you guys would recommend purchasing with a new kit. I've been reading through threads and it seems like arms, turnbuckles, and ball stud caps are all on that list. Any small things that a newbie to racing would be forgetting to add to the cart?
Thanks
Old 03-25-2015, 08:01 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)
Arrow

Originally Posted by st.ray
Looking to get into 1/10 2wd buggy racing, and I was wondering which spares you guys would recomend picking up? Ive been reading through threads and it seems like arms, hubs, and ball stud caps are a must. But i know theres gotta be some other stuff Im not thinking of.
Thanks
Definitely some gears!! You might not ever strip one, but it's always nice to have a spare. Might keep a small range of different size spur & pinion gears so you can change for the different track conditions. Different tires too!!
Maybe it's just me, but I always keep an diff rebuild kit, diff gears, & diff lube.
Old 03-25-2015, 08:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

I have a B5. I just raced indoor all winter, didn't break anything all year and on the last race broke a rear hub and wing. Ordered two hubs and a new wing yesterday. Not bad considering I hit the timing loop near full speed about 4 times and hit the wall quite a few more times. My guess ? Get some arms front and back and turnbuckles. That should hold you
Old 03-25-2015, 09:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Front arms, C hubs, steering blocks and shock tower are the most likely to get broken. Then rear arms, hub carriers and shock tower. Spare bearings, idler gear, spur gears and ball studs also may be needed.
Old 03-25-2015, 09:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pettyeagles
Front arms, C hubs, steering blocks and shock tower are the most likely to get broken. Then rear arms, hub carriers and shock tower. Spare bearings, idler gear, spur gears and ball studs also may be needed.
Since the LHS do not carry TLR parts, I have a complete screw set, 6 slipper pads, 2 spur gears, various pinions, 4 motors, A-arms front and rear, hubs, compete set of bearings, shock towers, shock shafts, shock rebuild kits (2), diff rebuild kit (2), a complete turnbuckle set, ball cups, wings, servos, ESC, tranny case, and more. I can almost build a second car only need the chassis. When I buy the -2.5 I will have a complete car!

It may sound crazy but when you break it sucks if you have to go home because no parts available.
Old 03-26-2015, 12:46 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks guys, I appreciate the input! Would've hated for my first race experience to get cut short by not being properly stocked.
Old 03-27-2015, 07:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by st.ray
Thanks guys, I appreciate the input! Would've hated for my first race experience to get cut short by not being properly stocked.
The other way to look at it. If you do break something buy two to replace it. This along with the recommended inventory of "extremities" should keep the down time minimized.
Old 03-27-2015, 09:59 AM
Tech Elite

Gears, arms, knuckle/uprights for sure.
Old 03-27-2015, 03:10 PM
Tech Adept

A arm pins. E clips not sure what rc you have . complete front end parts from bulkhead to axle n nuts.. you can use a cow pusher till you get the hang of it..(bumper RPM)shock caps.c hubs caster blocks.
Old 03-27-2015, 05:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mudcat981
Since the LHS do not carry TLR parts, I have a complete screw set, 6 slipper pads, 2 spur gears, various pinions, 4 motors, A-arms front and rear, hubs, compete set of bearings, shock towers, shock shafts, shock rebuild kits (2), diff rebuild kit (2), a complete turnbuckle set, ball cups, wings, servos, ESC, tranny case, and more. I can almost build a second car only need the chassis. When I buy the -2.5 I will have a complete car!

It may sound crazy but when you break it sucks if you have to go home because no parts available.
It's sometimes cheaper to have a donor car, it can even be a new one and kept for important races.
Old 04-11-2015, 05:15 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I think it really depends on what car you have. Go ask other owners of your car and ask them what they often break and always keep spares of.