Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
Need help with Blitz Flux RTR Kit.  It doesnt work! What else do I need? >

Need help with Blitz Flux RTR Kit. It doesnt work! What else do I need?

Need help with Blitz Flux RTR Kit. It doesnt work! What else do I need?

Old 02-15-2015, 08:54 PM
Tech Adept

Default Need help with Blitz Flux RTR Kit. It doesnt work! What else do I need?

Hello. I am new to offroad rc with HPI Blitz Flux RTR kit. What else do i need to get? I know that i need Lipo battery and charger. Is there anything else i need?

What other Accessories do you guys recommend I get? Also what do you recommend is good battery and charger that is not too expensive but works good? Also, what is meant by 2s and 3s? can i only use a 2s? What is battery mah mean? Is this longer run time or more power? What does C means for battery. What type of Lipo can I use and what is max volts i can use?

Sorry for the newbie questions... the last time i was into RC, the speed controllers were rotary dials. Alot has changed in the RC world since the 80s. Thanks guys
Old 02-17-2015, 04:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by c00lguy
Hello. I am new to offroad rc with HPI Blitz Flux RTR kit. What else do i need to get? I know that i need Lipo battery and charger. Is there anything else i need?

What other Accessories do you guys recommend I get? Also what do you recommend is good battery and charger that is not too expensive but works good? Also, what is meant by 2s and 3s? can i only use a 2s? What is battery mah mean? Is this longer run time or more power? What does C means for battery. What type of Lipo can I use and what is max volts i can use?

Sorry for the newbie questions... the last time i was into RC, the speed controllers were rotary dials. Alot has changed in the RC world since the 80s. Thanks guys
1) Good charger and or battery - I will leave inexpensive chargers up to someone else to answer. I run Turnigy Nano-tech batteries (2S and 3S 5000 MAh)
2) 2S is two lithium polymer cells in series, which results in higher voltage. Two cells in series is 7.4V, 3S is 11.1V.
3)MAh is capacity of the pack. The higher the number, the longer the runtime
4) You will need to refer to the Blitz's manual for the ESC capability for voltage. If it's a vapor pro, it's likely capable of 3S, but 2S will result in cooler running equipment and less strain on the drivetrain.
5) C refers to the current discharge capacity of the pack. Again, the higher the better "punch" you'll get. In your case, a "C" rating of 20C or higher should be sufficient. I run 40C or higher since I'm running a Savage Flux that pulls down much more current due to weight and overall motor power.

Hope this helps some. This will give you an idea of what you're getting into. Buy a lipo sack to store and charge the batteries you get, and monitor them as they charge. Good luck, things have changed a lot since the 80's!
Old 02-17-2015, 08:56 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MaxxWrecker07
1) Good charger and or battery - I will leave inexpensive chargers up to someone else to answer. I run Turnigy Nano-tech batteries (2S and 3S 5000 MAh)
2) 2S is two lithium polymer cells in series, which results in higher voltage. Two cells in series is 7.4V, 3S is 11.1V.
3)MAh is capacity of the pack. The higher the number, the longer the runtime
4) You will need to refer to the Blitz's manual for the ESC capability for voltage. If it's a vapor pro, it's likely capable of 3S, but 2S will result in cooler running equipment and less strain on the drivetrain.
5) C refers to the current discharge capacity of the pack. Again, the higher the better "punch" you'll get. In your case, a "C" rating of 20C or higher should be sufficient. I run 40C or higher since I'm running a Savage Flux that pulls down much more current due to weight and overall motor power.

Hope this helps some. This will give you an idea of what you're getting into. Buy a lipo sack to store and charge the batteries you get, and monitor them as they charge. Good luck, things have changed a lot since the 80's!
Thanks for the great info!
Old 02-18-2015, 02:40 AM
Tech Adept

Hi coolguy
your blitz can handle a 3 cell lipo.. I personally would use a 2 cell only ..Reason you have a 4000kv motor and this rc will be FAST with a 2 cell lipo.. wich is 8.4 volts.. we have to consider the charged finished voltage not the resting or storage voltage that is 7.4volts.. or 3.7 volts a cell.

As for a 2 cell lipo battery I do not like turnigy nano batterys to many people have had bad batterys.. Id go with another brand about $10 more.. either Fusion or Skylipo.
as for size a 5000 mah battery with 40C+ is ideal.. as for C rate it is that C x 5.000 = amps.. so 40 x 5.0 = 200 amps and your esc is a 80 amp esc with 540 amp burst.. as for a charger Id suggest a 10 amp charger .. many out .. The Imax X180 is a 10 amp charger with touch screen.. has some good usable info also on batterys condition..

The battery and charger I recommended is about $100 you will need a 12v power supply that puts out 12 amps..a Modded computer power supply is a good choice and can be found for under $10 at many computer resale stores and $5 in parts gets you what you need..