Looking for input on 1/10th Scale Buggy

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Looking for input on 1/10th Scale Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2015, 05:33 PM
Tech Rookie

any draw backs to the RB6? I noticed that you can change it from rear to mid engine, or is there another buggy I that price range that is a better choice?
Old 02-15-2015, 07:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RCFrenzy
any draw backs to the RB6? I noticed that you can change it from rear to mid engine, or is there another buggy I that price range that is a better choice?
I've never owned an RB6. However, there is a guy on here that once told that you need to spend some money after the initial cost of the kit to get it in good form. Kyosho parts are quite expensive though...I believe they charge about 20 bucks just for two springs but the quality of their stuff seems to be top notch.

I have no room to talk though because I also run an Xray Xb4 and their parts are just expensive but again, it's top of the line.

A good place to ask would this here: http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...b6-thread.html
Old 02-23-2015, 11:38 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Mudcat981
these are all good, all have plus and minus features.
looking at the above options, use this criteria to decide:

1) what do most of the local guys run?
2) does the hobby shop carry parts.
3) talk to the local fast guys and figure out which ones are willing to talk to you? willing to help? If they are very willing to help and treat you with respect then I would highly consider copying what they have. because they can help you figure things out and maybe even provide some of their parts when you need them most.
This couldn't be any better advise!
Old 03-06-2015, 01:47 PM
Tech Adept

If your gonna race it indoor on carpet try a convertible that will do mid or rear motor if your going 2 wd best thing to do before it's too late is listen to people on here pushing brands. I've found out myself after getting back in the hobby there are too many fan boys out there hooked on certain brands. I had a guy tell me to get a certain 4wd buggy and watched as he finished only one race that night as he broke the same part in every race but one but had the companies t shirt on and all. Best bet especially if your new go to the track check it out talk to some guys if they have a hobbie shop on site do the same and a local hobby shop. Find out what guys are running and you should probably go in that direction. The guys should be able to help you with setup and parts when needed. Some brands like I saw you mention Schumacher hear where I'm located can be almost impossible to get parts for except for mail order. Which is cool if you can stock a lot of stuff but otherwise a pipe or another bad driver could have you broke down with no parts your day is over and that sucks. Good luck