Community
Wiki Posts
Search

toy rc

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2015, 07:42 PM
Tech Rookie

Default toy rc

i have a Maisto Tech Rock Crawler Remote Control Monster Truck 4x4 R/C RTR. i know it is very cheep for what it is it runs good and goes over a lot of stuff i dont know if there is anything i could do to it so make it better is there? i know dont say get a new rc im saving for one im in high school and trying to get a job so dont say buy a new one i just want to know what i could do with this if anything

Last edited by johsmen; 02-06-2015 at 09:13 PM.
Old 02-06-2015, 09:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

I guess they don't teach spelling in high school anymore obviously. The proper spelling is cheep knew is spelled neww, and buy is spelled bi a knew one. Just a bit ov advise.
Old 02-06-2015, 11:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

Originally Posted by buster8787
I guess they don't teach spelling in high school anymore obviously. The proper spelling is cheep knew is spelled neww, and buy is spelled bi a knew one. Just a bit ov advise.
You have got to be kidding right? Oh the irony!
Old 02-19-2015, 05:34 PM
Tech Rookie

I bought two of them and took them both apart.

I left the front end on one and took the rear axle off. Then, I took the front axle off the second one and put it on the rear of the first one. I connected the motor wires backwards for the rear, and now it is four wheel drive and four wheel steering.
Old 02-19-2015, 05:55 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

If you are serious, you should really stick to French.
Old 02-19-2015, 07:34 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

First, there was the F7 generation (my generation). I eventually lost my ability to spell well because I could always fall back on the F7 spell check key. Kids coming today, have grown up spelling words as quickly and and short as humanly possible, and still be able to have something understandable on the other end (texting on phones). It is only going to be more and more common as these kids get older. Jobs will not be in their future.

Having said that, lets stick to

a) being constructive when asking kids to please try and create proper sentences. It's ok to give people a little bit of a hard time, but do it nicely with some constructive help. And to the people asking the questions, if you want others on this forum to take time away from their day to personally help you, the least you can do is try to do as much homework as you can before you ask, and you at least construct a sentence and paragraph that we can understand, so we don't spend more of our time trying to figure out what online language-to-language translator to use. and...

b) if you're going to reply and give him some bumps for his sentence structure (if done nicely), at least try and chime in and guide him with a response to his question.

Having said that, I don't know the first thing about your RC.
Old 02-23-2015, 02:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

I see he edited his post. It's readable. I suppose I could get on him for sentence structure and grammar still.... but this is an R/C forum. *shrug*

I googled "Maisto Tech Rock Crawler Remote Control Monster Truck 4x4 R/C RTR" and looked at some images. I think the only thing you could do to this vehicle would be to possibly change the tires, and maybe the shocks. You'd have to get creative when changing shocks, and in doing so you'd likely damage it to where you would have no RC to drive around. If you're the type loaded with ingenuity, take the truck down to your local RC hobby shop and see if they have some parts you can make work.

However, it's probably best that you simply have fun with what you have for now until the time comes where you can jump into a hobby level kit of some type. If you took a gamble and spent money on tires and shocks, you'd probably be a quarter way into the cost of an entry level kit that you can modify easily. At least you could get close to the price of a used one.

Good luck, have fun.
Old 02-23-2015, 06:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by timannnn6
You have got to be kidding right? Oh the irony!
I didn't think I'd cause that much controversy eh ..... lol
Old 02-25-2015, 02:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I didn't think I'd cause that much controversy eh ..... lol
You're too funny, thanks for the laugh! LOL
Old 02-25-2015, 02:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by johsmen
i have a Maisto Tech Rock Crawler Remote Control Monster Truck 4x4 R/C RTR. i know it is very cheep for what it is it runs good and goes over a lot of stuff i dont know if there is anything i could do to it so make it better is there? i know dont say get a new rc im saving for one im in high school and trying to get a job so dont say buy a new one i just want to know what i could do with this if anything
If you're really into RC, honestly just keep your truck the way it is and get a part time job after school, and save up for your real RC truck.

But in high school I remember spending money on a real car?
Old 02-25-2015, 06:10 PM
Tech Master

There are tons of videos on YouTube for modifying non hobby grade rc cars. Of course, you really have to be creative but it's always possible.

My son actually has that same truck and it's actually quite fun to toy around with. I'd keep it as is.
Old 02-27-2015, 12:47 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
First, there was the F7 generation (my generation). I eventually lost my ability to spell well because I could always fall back on the F7 spell check key. Kids coming today, have grown up spelling words as quickly and and short as humanly possible, and still be able to have something understandable on the other end (texting on phones). It is only going to be more and more common as these kids get older. Jobs will not be in their future.

Having said that, lets stick to

a) being constructive when asking kids to please try and create proper sentences. It's ok to give people a little bit of a hard time, but do it nicely with some constructive help. And to the people asking the questions, if you want others on this forum to take time away from their day to personally help you, the least you can do is try to do as much homework as you can before you ask, and you at least construct a sentence and paragraph that we can understand, so we don't spend more of our time trying to figure out what online language-to-language translator to use. and...

b) if you're going to reply and give him some bumps for his sentence structure (if done nicely), at least try and chime in and guide him with a response to his question.

Having said that, I don't know the first thing about your RC.
Cpt.A is my new super hero. Straight up smacks you in the face with reality and you leave thanking him afterwords..
Old 02-27-2015, 03:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by johsmen
The best thing to do for a cheap RC RTR is love it like it was an expensive one.

Take care of your bearings, find a nut and bolt supplier and slowly change over those common screws that you remove most often with HEX type 2mm.

Then ensure its clean, there are no sticky arms and it does not bind up and try not to spend money on it that you can keep for your upgrade later. Be proud of your model and don't listen to others as to what is good and what isnt.

If you are enjoying yourself, then that's what an RC Model is supposed to do. It's hard I know, others want to tell you how much better their model is because deep down know they spent too much and there's always a better model coming next year.

If you are smiling when you get home from enjoying your model, then you are the smart one!
Old 02-28-2015, 12:45 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by blis
The best thing to do for a cheap RC RTR is love it like it was an expensive one.

Take care of your bearings, find a nut and bolt supplier and slowly change over those common screws that you remove most often with HEX type 2mm.

Then ensure its clean, there are no sticky arms and it does not bind up and try not to spend money on it that you can keep for your upgrade later. Be proud of your model and don't listen to others as to what is good and what isnt.

If you are enjoying yourself, then that's what an RC Model is supposed to do. It's hard I know, others want to tell you how much better their model is because deep down know they spent too much and there's always a better model coming next year.

If you are smiling when you get home from enjoying your model, then you are the smart one!
Holy crap!^^THIS!!