Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tires/wheels for Rustler XL-5

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2015, 04:20 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Tires/wheels for Rustler XL-5

I am having a blast with my new Rustler. I have changed out the bushings to bearings and I just got a few 2S lipo batteries which have improved run time significantly.

My questions today are about tires/wheels...I think the ones that came with the truck on the rear are getting a little worn and I'm noticing when I turn on the street especially that its not gripping as well.

How do you know when you need new tires?

Do I need to buy both front and rear tires or is it more common for the rear ones to get worn more quickly?

Is there a particular size that I need for the rustler? I know I can search for rustler tires but if there is a standard size then maybe I can expand and see some more options?

Is it better to buy the wheels/tires together or to glue on tires? I read something about anacondas which come pre-made??? Frankly if I need 4 of these anacondas it seems a little pricey. While I want the car to go fast, I think at this point, I'm looking at tires that will provide good grip for a long time at a reasonable price. I don't want to be changing out tires every 2 weeks unless I have to and if I do then I want to figure out a cheap option. Also, I'm planning to upgrade to brushless soon but I decided I'll play around with pinion/spur sizes before I do that just to learn a little more with the system I have. I don't know if that factors into tire recommendations. Thanks so much for your help!