Community
Wiki Posts
Search

questions because I am stupid.

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2015, 10:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Only issue I found with the low end HW ESCs (stock spec/xtreme stock/justock) is they have very weak brakes. Perfectly fine for 2wd buggy, desirable even, but in some other classes it can be a bit too weak.
Old 01-09-2015, 12:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by locked
Only issue I found with the low end HW ESCs (stock spec/xtreme stock/justock) is they have very weak brakes. Perfectly fine for 2wd buggy, desirable even, but in some other classes it can be a bit too weak.
Have you tried a bigger/higher rated ESC capacitor bank? I also never run the brake at anything lower than 100%, even dropping it to 75% feels like it's barely working.
Old 01-09-2015, 12:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by metalnut
Have you tried a bigger/higher rated ESC capacitor bank? I also never run the brake at anything lower than 100%, even dropping it to 75% feels like it's barely working.
Oh I don't have any HW ESCs anymore. Almost all of mine are ORCA now. I have to turn my brakes way down now, even in mod TC on high grip carpet. The VX3 can lock up the wheels easily. Insane brakes. lol
Old 01-09-2015, 09:24 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by locked
I did notice weaker brakes than I expected on my Justock, but I still got what I needed by turning them up to 100%( & I use it in my VTA car, which typically is going slowly enough that I really don't need to use the brakes, except in emergencies). And like metalnut said, I also heard that using a better cap. bank would improve them further, if needed....
Old 01-10-2015, 12:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Check out the Speed Passion products. Hobby Wing is also very good now. Years ago they had issues but seems like a great stable product now.
Old 01-12-2015, 08:38 PM
Tech Initiate

Went with the HW Xerun v3.1, LCD Program box, HW Xerun 13.5. Everything was supposed to be here last Wednesday!!! LHS never ordered it. Talked to them today and everything should be here Friday. (FINGERS CROSSED) Had to go to the track this weekend and watch my son drive his truck. He was nice enough to let me drive his sc10 for almost 3 min! DEPRESSING!!!! LOL I have yet to drive my 22sct. Hopefully this weekend!