Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
Intermittent throttle problem need a little help please. >

Intermittent throttle problem need a little help please.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Intermittent throttle problem need a little help please.

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2014, 02:16 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Intermittent throttle problem need a little help please.

Hello all I need a little help finding out what this problem could be. This problem just started about 2 or 3 packs ago. Randomly if I pull the throttle slowly in my truck will only slightly stutter then nothing for the rest of the throttle. This happens in both forward and reverse and only happens if I slowly pull the throttle it never happens if I just punch the throttle quickly. And like I said its completely random and dosen't happen everytime. Oh and also this never happens with the steering servo it works smooth all the time everytime.

My R/C is a 1/10th 2wd ECX Ruckus and a Spektrum DX2E 2.4 GHz transmitter and waterproof SR201 receiver.

Oh ya I forgot if needed my ESC is the Castle Sidewinder SCT Waterproof Edition

Last edited by CptKlink; 12-27-2014 at 02:32 PM.
Old 12-27-2014, 04:32 PM
Tech Addict

you werent very clear. does it only happen at little throttle if so that is cogging and it is normal. if it happens the hole time your gear mesh is off or the gear is stripped
Old 12-27-2014, 04:38 PM
Tech Adept

I know its not cogging I never had this problem before I just started about a day ago. I have had this system installed in my truck for a little over a month now. And I know its not the gears cuz I have like pretty much perfect gear Mesh. It pretty much started out of no where. Its seems to be worse now I made a quick video here check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeAdNtaTIBs
Old 12-27-2014, 04:53 PM
Tech Addict

have you checked the gears it may be also the slipper clutch is loose or wearing out
Old 12-27-2014, 08:32 PM
Tech Adept

No that isen't it eather the slipper and spur are brand new. But I found the problem. its because of useing a almost dead NiMH battery for testing and what not. And of course I have LVC enabled on the ESC because that is all I actually run in my truck is LiPo. There is just enough power left in the battery start moving the truck but the LVC would kick in and cut the power and since NiMH have a higher resting voltage it would gain a bit of power back just above the LVC limit and start going again. As soon as i changed out the battery to a LiPo off it went almost taking my arm with it.
Old 12-27-2014, 09:06 PM
Tech Addict

Well thanks for reporting back saying you solved it i hate when people dont