Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EP cars

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 02:49 PM
Suspended

Location: please try not to look at my avatar to long may cause u know what

ok il admit it may not be funner but i do belive that it is still cheaper and dont forget you can get a hell of allot of tanks of gas out a a gallon of fuel probebly just as much as a batt and they both last about 5 min run time so when you compare the 2 for how may runns you get they ar most likley the same amount of runs and a galon of fuel is like 30-40 bucks and a batt back is like 60-70
Old 09-27-2005, 04:44 PM
Tech Initiate

I have four year old 2400's that at there release, were top of the line and they last me well over a 5 minute main, and in the past 2 years ive spent 30 bucks on batts, can you say that about your fuel andy?
Old 09-27-2005, 04:56 PM
Tech Master

Actually I like both, but electric is a good value, much better than gas in my opinion. The thing to remember is the word opinion.
Old 09-29-2005, 06:55 AM
Tech Master

Nitro will always be faster no matter what. Bolt in a .18 CVRX ($90) into a Nitro TC and you have an easy 60mph car.

Sean
Old 09-29-2005, 05:44 PM
Tech Initiate

spend 90 bucks on a super low turn motor (ie 6 to 8 turn doubles) and you will have a 60 mph car in any high end electric
Old 09-29-2005, 08:24 PM
Tech Master

Not to mention an E-MAXX will yank around a T-MAXX or a REVO any day of the week. The torque with electric is insane, purley insane. A brushless motor will easily out-accelerate a nitro mill no problem.

An electric motor's torque starts at one RPM. A nitro mill has to work towards developing it's torque, and even then peak torque could be across the RPM band. Peak torque is actually the most efficient torque, which occurs at the highest HP mark on a dyno printout.
Old 09-30-2005, 07:43 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JamieDexter
spend 90 bucks on a super low turn motor (ie 6 to 8 turn doubles) and you will have a 60 mph car in any high end electric
RCCA done a test to see how fast an electric TC can go with 6 cells and a 6t motor. The top speed was 51mph.

Sean