Community
Wiki Posts
Search

F1 Chassis

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 10:04 AM
Tech Rookie

Questions?? F1 Chassis

I want start racing in a new F1 category they're starting in my local track.. I've been searching for the correct chassis and I have come to like the 3Racing F113 one. My concern with this one is that I really like F1 cars and I'd like my car to look like one, but the only bodies I've found so far that accomplish that are the Tamiya F103 and F104 bodies. Are those bodies compatible with the F113 chassis?

Also, is the F113 chassis really the option to go for, or what suggestions would you have, taking into account I'm new to the hobby and at the moment I don't count with that big of a budget.
Old 09-17-2014, 04:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Personally I'd go for a Tamiya chassis, but if you're willing to spend a little extra, get a Serpent or a T.O.P. I hear they've been doing quite well. Also the Yokomo is another good one plus Xray are releasing one soon.
Old 09-17-2014, 10:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Another thing to consider is that unless your local track is an extreme outlier in terms of what they stock, I have never seen 3Racing parts stocked at a local track/shop.

Also check your local rules and see if they are running the cars "wide" or normal and although rubber tires can be presumed these days, there might still be a few holdout foam tracks.

Ultimately though, the CRC WTF1 is the direction I'd head for a new F1 car today. Most OnRoad tracks do carry CRC parts, you won't need to dump a load on hop-up parts and it's already a proven winner. Starting out with a top-of-the-line car means you won't wind up buying two cars in the end.
Old 09-17-2014, 07:49 PM
Tech Rookie

Questions??

Actually the spare parts are not actually an issue cause where I live there's very few, almost none shops, so anyway almost everytime IŽll have to order them on-line.

Regarding the width of the car, as the F1 category is new, for the moment being there are not regulations about the width of the car, but in the future it might be possible that a regulation about it comes out, if that's the case, and assuming I went for the F113, I have heard rummors that 3Racing is working on a narrower front end, and if that doesn't happen I think the Tamiya F104 front end will fit with a small mod. I understand that changing the front end of the F113 beats the meaning of having bought it in the first place, but would the handling of the car be affected greatly? have anyone here done it before?
Old 09-17-2014, 08:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

That specific of a question is probably best asked in the cars' own thread: http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...1-f113-16.html