Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Motor/ESC Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2014, 09:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Motor/ESC Question

looking to buy a 13.5 Brushless motor/ESC for my T4.2. i want to start racing stock trucks at my local track and need a new motor/esc. anyone have some good suggestions? thanks!
Old 08-16-2014, 09:38 AM
Suspended

what is your budget garret ?.. tekin is the best I think but their are cheaper one to learn on ..HK has some options under $80 for a combo..
Old 08-16-2014, 10:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

have 190$ to spend right now. would like to get some new tires also so around 150$. but if theres a great motor/esc for 190$ i will wait on the tires
Old 08-16-2014, 10:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

ESC: http://www.falconsekido.com/products...c-esc-for-1-10
Motor: http://www.amain.com/Trinity-D4-ROAR...r-135T/p360834 or http://www.amain.com/Reedy-Sonic-Mac...r-135T/p253634
You'll even have tire money left.

Knowing where you're at from your other threads though, I would recommend you buy tires and race your truck as it is in the Novice class to start out with then decide where you want to head with your racing.
Old 08-16-2014, 12:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by MarkA
ESC: http://www.falconsekido.com/products...c-esc-for-1-10
Motor: http://www.amain.com/Trinity-D4-ROAR...r-135T/p360834 or http://www.amain.com/Reedy-Sonic-Mac...r-135T/p253634
You'll even have tire money left.

Knowing where you're at from your other threads though, I would recommend you buy tires and race your truck as it is in the Novice class to start out with then decide where you want to head with your racing.
thanks Mark. is that the best i can get for around 190$? also will i be able to use this setup at NW Hobbies and at Daves?
Old 08-16-2014, 12:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GarrettZ
thanks Mark. is that the best i can get for around 190$? also will i be able to use this setup at NW Hobbies and at Daves?
That's about as good as it comes, and still letting you have a little money for small things like tires, extra parts, etc.

You could sell the current system in the truck, but don't expect to get much more than 35-40 for it, and probably less.
Old 08-16-2014, 12:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by ThePanda
That's about as good as it comes, and still letting you have a little money for small things like tires, extra parts, etc.

You could sell the current system in the truck, but don't expect to get much more than 35-40 for it, and probably less.
ok cool. just thought it would be more than that to upgrade a motor/esc haha
Old 08-16-2014, 12:29 PM
Tech Champion

There are other systems you can get, but those can be much more expensive 250+

And won't give much if any upgrade in performance to a class like 13.5/17.5
Old 08-16-2014, 12:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

There are other systems you can get, but those can be much more expensive 250+
should i just save my money and wait until i have enough to buy a more expensive setup? or is the one mark recommended enough for me to hang in races?
Old 08-16-2014, 12:54 PM
Tech Champion

I would save it. Get the basic system now. You limiting factors right now will be driver skill and the car you have. If you like racing you can leave the basic system and upgrade to a race level car.
Old 08-16-2014, 01:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

I would save it. Get the basic system now. You limiting factors right now will be driver skill and the car you have. If you like racing you can leave the basic system and upgrade to a race level car.
im confused lol you said save it, then said to get the basic system now.
Old 08-16-2014, 01:21 PM
Tech Champion

The issue with stadium truck in our area is that Dave's pushed the "Stock" class from the universal standard of 17.5 to 13.5 so when those racers scatter back to the indoor tracks, the class tends to wind up very segmented. You'll have a couple guys with mod trucks, a couple with 13.5, and couple with 17.5 so the class just winds up being most often ran as a "catch-all", open stadium truck class. That being said, I've seen those races won regularly by the 17.5 guys so it's not about power and that system will, with the right driver/setup/tires win those races as well.

That's why my recommendation remains starting out in the Novice class (there were 7 or 8 entries in that last Thursday at NW) with what you have as it sits except for some new tires. From there, spend the money on tires and track fees and once you're over the "not as easy as it looks" hump, decide if you want to continue with stadium truck in the odd shape it takes in this area, move to a buggy where the class will be regularly ran on the same rules everywhere (17.5/blinky) or even something else like SC or whatnot.
Old 08-16-2014, 01:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks Mark and Panda! you guys are always helping me out haha. this might be a dumb question but Mark is that motor/esc combo that you linked me way faster/more power than my current 3300 Reedy RTR motor right?
Old 08-16-2014, 01:49 PM
Tech Champion

It won't actually be that much faster in a straight line, if at all. It's sensored to fit into a specific rules package whereas yours is sensorless and therefore outside the rules of specific motor classes. It will be much smoother and should produce faster lap times once you are at the point of staying in the racing line, not crashing, etc., etc. but it won't magically make your truck "faster."
Old 08-16-2014, 04:11 PM
Tech Champion

im confused lol you said save it, then said to get the basic system now.
I'm sorry, I meant to not to save it and get the basic system now. If I was getting a system like that 13.5/17.5 I would probably get the one that MarkA suggested, or that would be very close to what I would end up with.

If the novice class is actually a novice class... And not just a bunch of people with no practice trying to turn laps with their MT on the track, then go with that. As long as the vehicles are pretty evenly matched it will be fun for everyone.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.