Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SUPER confuseD about the engine

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 03:59 PM
Tech Rookie

Default SUPER confuseD about the engine

Ok just got a traxxas jato real great broke it in but when i run it for a while the engine shuts off. and ideling it varies in how loud it gets...i let it sit there and in will rev up a lil bit the get really sluggish and the engine sounds like it is gurgling. then it will just die...it seems as if when i am goin slow it will cut out more that when i am going at a higher speed......and it will take a while before i can start it again...does this have anything to do with how rich or lean it is...i know that if it is to lean it is bad for it but i dont think i have too lean. i will sit outside hours at a time barely turning the screw seeing how it has anything to do with anything. please give me some tips on how to keep my car running steadily.
Old 08-18-2005, 04:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Sounds to me like its running a little rich.....here`s a website that has some good tuning tips/advice-
www.cefx.net
Cheers
Old 08-19-2005, 12:28 AM
Tech Master

Sounds like its running too rich so adjust the HSN needle (clockwise) and turn the idle screw (clockwise)

See how that works for you.

Sean
Old 08-19-2005, 11:17 AM
Tech Addict

If you have a DVD player you can save yourself alot of trouble if you take time to listen to the tips on the DVD that Traxxas supplies with their RTR`s.Sounds like its close but the 2.5r can be very tempermental from day to day 90 degrees and sunny one day,70 degrees and cloudy the next will cause the settings to change drastically on that engine Traxxas also has great cutomer support on their website and a really good freq asked questions and answer forum.Hope this helps Dont give up!
Old 08-19-2005, 06:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

im guessing that it is way too rich, you can lean it out about 1 turn, and it should run better . you can also tell if its too rich if there are dropplets of gas dripping out of the pipe.

happy racing/driving!!!