Wiki Posts
Search

Newbie tips!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2013, 04:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Thumbs up Newbie tips!!!!

I know sometimes newbies can feel like this : .I have a couple of tips I have learned along the way to keep you having fun out on the track or in the backyard rather than on the bench figuring out a dilemma.The most important thing in rc is to keep your car clean, if you keep your car clean you can make your kits last longer and run more efficiently.Something a lot of people that don't have an rc but want to get one ask me is "Nitro or Electric" I will say this if you want a easy to work on kit and will run smooth with medium to little maintenance is "Electric". Ounce you get the hang of electric than you can consider a nitro kit.Nitro cars are sort of the Mona Lisa's of rc why because they are sleek fast and strong, I say this because I started out the wrong way,I actually got a nitro before racing indoor electric.My first nitro kit was a Kyosho mp7 nitro 1/8 buggy.Boy I loved that thing,of course I did not know anything at the time but believe it or not learning the hard way for me led to me learning a lot of things that still help me today.I race nitro 1/8 buggy,truggy and electric 2wd buggy,2wd sct and 4wd buggy.And I to this day don't regret getting a nitro first.Another thing you need to do daily is check for broken parts.You may think oh well there is a little bit or oil at the bottom of the shock whatever!!! no always stay alert to things on your car.The best kits to buy if you are a new #1 traxxas #2 HPI, they are supper durable and look kick ass at the same time!!!! hope this helped new comers.