Wiki Posts
Search

Help me choose

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 12:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grasschopper
Ok I'll throw another option out there for you...I just went through this...twice (for my son and then for one of his buddies). Look in the classified section here...there are a TON of Losi SCTE 1.0s for sale. You can get a roller for about $150 shipped with some spares and upgrades on most. Get a Viper Copperhead R system for $120 (that's a brushless motor and ESC), get a Solar D772 servo, a Lipo or two, a charger and a Flysky radio from Hobbypartz.com. This will be about $450 and you will have a truck that is better for racing and probably tougher as well for bashing.
Not a bad idea actually. But just, for the love of all that is good with RC, do not buy a flysky radio. The Traxxas radio will have less lag.
Old 10-23-2013, 12:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MarkA
Not a bad idea actually. But just, for the love of all that is good with RC, do not buy a flysky radio. The Traxxas radio will have less lag.
Ok...it works for my son to bash with though. I do admit that when the time comes that he shows some interest in racing he will be getting a better radio.
Old 10-25-2013, 10:34 PM
Tech Rookie

Ok I've accomplished my goal and the past few days I have received two rc's, rustler vxl and slash 2wd, the rustler is all stock but the slash is all customized, he said the only thing stock was the tires and wheels which I've already replaced. I bought a new body for it and the post are completely off from the holes in the body, my question is should I put my own holes in the body or buy the stock posts for the truck?
Old 10-26-2013, 12:36 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ThePanda
Putting together a good used setup is hard if you are truly new to the rc hobby. A slash will be a better choice if you are just starting out. Thats my opinion.
I agree. The losi, associated, tekno are all better cars. But traxxas makes great cars for beginners. Easy to work on easy to get parts and durability plus a lot of fun. You have to get the fish to bite before you set the hook. After they are hooked and more experienced then get them to upgrade to a custom set up
Old 10-27-2013, 12:50 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by weid227
Ok I've accomplished my goal and the past few days I have received two rc's, rustler vxl and slash 2wd, the rustler is all stock but the slash is all customized, he said the only thing stock was the tires and wheels which I've already replaced. I bought a new body for it and the post are completely off from the holes in the body, my question is should I put my own holes in the body or buy the stock posts for the truck?
I would just make new holes in the body