Lost and Lazy

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 02:42 AM
GP3
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking Lost and Lazy

Hey guys,

I didn't realize the extreme knowledge gap in this hobby and am feeling a tad overwhelmed by it all. I have a xray xb9. I have none of the requirements needed to complete the kit. I also have no clue what works with what and which things are not compatible, or the do's and don'ts. I have No batteries/chargers, servos, radio/receiver, engine, exhaust, starter, and no wheels/tires. Not sure if I even mentioned everything. Can someone simplify all of this for me and just tell me what to buy? Looking for decent items that are not top end but still, well, decent. By this I mean the average priced items unless certain items are very necessary to spend more on. Trying to get to the track as soon as possible. I know this a very open ended thread and I apologize. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old 06-28-2013, 06:42 AM
Tech Initiate

Engine: There are Sooo many great engines out there. This one really comes down to your budget. If this is your first engine...I'd get something cheaper ( Nova p5xlt or regular B6 maybe? ) Great engines and it will be less stressful on your wallet when something goes horribly wrong ( stuff can happen...specially when your trying to figure out how to tune em )

Pipe/Header: Once you've decided on your new engine go to google and type in
site:rctech.net *your engine* pipe header

You'll find tons of suggestions

Clutch: I'm sure Xray uses 34mm clutches. Get one from Buku or werks!
For a clutch setup...again just type in site:rctech.net *your clutch* buggy setup, xb9 etcetc.

StarterBox: OFNA truggy starter box!!

Tires: See what local racers are running

Servos: You want Speed servo for throttle/brake and Torque for steering. Honestly get as much servo as you can afford ( you can't go wrong with HiTec or Savox ) and remember the most important thing about servos is to set your End Points right.

Radio/receiver: I'd get a used one from "for sale" thread. You can get a high end radio for a great price and people usually throw in extra receivers and even cases and stuff.
Brand new I'd get Airtronics MT4 - best bang for the buck!

Receiver battery: I wouldn't run LiPo unless you want to buy a regulator for it or run HV servos ( I know regular HiTec 7955tgs can take straight LiPo though )

IF you do want to run LiPo then get one from ProTek (2300). It should fit xb9 prefectly.

Other than that...i really dont know much else about receiver batteries or what would fit xb9

Chargers: One thing i can't really help you with since I know nothing about em (I'm usually the one doing all the engine tuning and my dad's taking care of batteries ) So hopefully someone will chime in
Old 06-28-2013, 07:05 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

HITEC makes a great charger, the venom pro(of which I own 2) are great chargers, the onyx dual port one is great and simple!! And there are a few other real expensive ones that u can pay for if u want!!