Wiki Posts
Search

mystery kyosho

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 01:47 PM
Bud
Tech Master

Default mystery kyosho

I need some help identifing this car. It's an old kyosho but I don't know what model. A friend bought it for 10 bucks off of craigslist. Anybody reconize it?
Old 02-28-2013, 04:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Kyosho built/swapped a lot of cars over the years... converting on-road to off-road and vs versa.

Not sure what it started as, but the chassis looks like the old t bird stock car of the early 90's
Old 03-01-2013, 04:59 AM
Tech Master

Kyosho Rampage, about 20 years old.
Best advice would be to split it and sell the parts off. The suspension uses the same parts as the Kyosho Ultima, the long rear shock is an original Associated RC10 shock.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:30 AM
Bud
Tech Master

Hey thanks guys, we were at a loss as to what car it was. He does have an old ultima that he messes with ocasionally so it will probably be a parts car. Anyway, thanks again.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:52 PM
Bud
Tech Master

Another quick question. What pull start will work on this motor? Os czr 12. Everything I have are starter box motors so I know nothing about pull starts. The motor seems to have good compression. I'd like to see if it will run. The spring is real rusty and broken about 3" from the center on this one. If I can get a starter for 20 bucks or so I might can get this running. Won't be a real powerhouse but I'd still like to see if it will run. Thanks
Old 06-19-2015, 08:35 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Bud
Another quick question. What pull start will work on this motor? Os czr 12. Everything I have are starter box motors so I know nothing about pull starts. The motor seems to have good compression. I'd like to see if it will run. The spring is real rusty and broken about 3" from the center on this one. If I can get a starter for 20 bucks or so I might can get this running. Won't be a real powerhouse but I'd still like to see if it will run. Thanks
Hey!
Just wondering if you persued this.
I ask because I have a Kyosho nitro from the early 90's (not sure exactly, but I believe it's a NON pro Outlaw...) that I would like to breathe life into!
Soon, I'd like to post pics to get a better idea of exactly what I have, but this post caught my eye.
Thanks!
Old 06-19-2015, 06:33 PM
Bud
Tech Master

We did get it running as a nitro but eventually converted it to electric. He,didn't know anything about nitro and where he had to run, electric was a better option. I assume it's still working as I haven't heard from him lately.