Wiki Posts
Search

Learning it all again

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 01:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Learning it all again

So my 11 yr old son decided he wanted to start racing after swinging by an indoor track in our area. I picked him up a 2wd SC10 rs and A friend gave me his Team Durango ST to play with. I think I want to run a short course also because that looks like that looks like the biggest class. Would I be able to convert the Stadium Truck to a short course or should I just pick up a SC10 also?
Old 02-26-2013, 01:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I don't know the specifics of the durango - but I tried to do something similar to a losi stadium truck. They look similar enough, but by the time you purchase an extended chassis, shock towers, arms, wheels/tires, etc.... you probably would have come out cheaper (and definitely would have saved a bunch of time) by just selling the ST and buying a used SCT.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:17 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

SO the answer is dont mess with it. Which I figured. I want to just buy a truck to have fun and probably not tinker with it too much (besides fixing broken stuff). Would I be better of buying another SC10 or maybe a team? or get a Team Durango RTR for the extra $130?? Opinions plz cause Ill probably buy this Durango from my buddy. My guess is buy another Sc10 and have spares.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:38 PM
Super Moderator

A few years ago people tried it, just cheaper to get the real deal. I think new slash chassis are like $75 on ebay.