Community
Wiki Posts
Search

new drifter checkin in e10 s2k build Hamilton, nj

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 03:29 AM
Tech Rookie

Default new drifter checkin in e10 s2k build Hamilton, nj

Hey how's it going everyone . I picked up me e10 last Christmas didn't really do much but just play with it as time went on the hobby grew on me and I got a little more serious purchasing different body's rims stickers and makin my own dress's up.

Hpi e10
S2k body
Type R championship white painted by me
Orange roll cage made by me
Bike rack made by me wait in for the front deck to dry so I can glue it on

I'm having an issue where it hesitating going forward it'll go in reverse just find but forward its like it jerks jerks jerks if I too Kn reverse for about 5 second nd ease on then gas it'll go forward fine anyone have a clue what might be wrong

Old 02-17-2013, 04:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 78 (100%+)
Default Sounds motor related!

If it has a brushed motor i'd say it's the commutator in the motor.Over time they become grooved and dirty and it prevents the brushes from making good contact.A good skimming of the comm and new brushes would make it like new.I'd try another motor and your problem will most likely be gone.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:00 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks bro but it a brush less 27 turn hpi racing motor . It started outta the blue the car but a few months old and has been driven a max of 18 hours total like . I said if we go in reverse for a lil then go forward its fine .
Old 02-18-2013, 08:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

Try recalibrating the speed control. Or mess with the trim setting and see if you can get a bit smoother operation out of that.
Usually, it wouldn't be the motor as long as you never overheat, but being an hpi motor, I'm not 100% sure of the quality.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:06 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Originally Posted by silentek
Thanks bro but it a brush less 27 turn hpi racing motor . It started outta the blue the car but a few months old and has been driven a max of 18 hours total like . I said if we go in reverse for a lil then go forward its fine .
HPI doesn't make a 27T brushless motor, it is a brushed motor, and the brushes are most likely stuck on the comm.

I would pull them out and clean them, and try again.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 78 (100%+)
Arrow

Easy way to tell is if you only have 2 wires going to the motor then it's brushed.