Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
Suspension Tuning Terminology:  Aggressive and  entering/exiting turns >

Suspension Tuning Terminology: Aggressive and entering/exiting turns

Suspension Tuning Terminology: Aggressive and entering/exiting turns

Old 02-03-2013, 12:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Suspension Tuning Terminology: Aggressive and entering/exiting turns

Question 1
OK, so I know the word aggressive, I just want to make sure I understand the context in which it's being used in the sentence below (taken from an interview with Pavidis).

"Adding more negative camber to the front of your buggy will make your car less aggressive, especially when turning into the corner."

The term "less aggressive" above seems to mean, less bite or less traction, correct?

Question 2
Is the following statement made with the assumption that you deccelerate entering a turn, and accelerate out of it? So the front end dives down in the first half of the turn under braking, then pops up in the second half of the turn while accelerating out?

"A longer link means the camber will change less as the suspension compresses, which will make the car turn in harder but push exiting the corner."

Link to article
Old 02-03-2013, 04:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

you might want to ask that in a regular forum, on road, off road, whatever, sometimes the right answer is specific to the car too. I hang in the elec off road so I'll link one of the best tuning threads there. http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...ber-links.htmlThe page you linked is excellent and there are manyothers like that, some on petit, JQ, hudy, get em all , sound slike you'll get the hang of it in no time
And yes your general thinking about how that term is used today is correct. Proper language and terminology sure do eliminate a lot of confusion.
Good on ya.