Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will this work?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 07:28 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Will this work?

Hi, I'm new here and I was hoping someone can maybe answer my questions about some compatability. I am hoping to create digitally proportional semi tractor trailor and I was wondering if I can get this: New Ray Peterbilt semi to work with this FS-GT2 TX/RX.

I already ordered the semi, and I know its a New Ray and its probably pretty junky but I don't really care I really just wanted it as a platform. My bigger question is can I get the TX/RX to work with the motor/servo in there or would I have to put in another motor/servo? Also would this receiver work with the approximatly 6volts the vehicle currently operates on. I kind of want to see if I can build this as a training tool for a class and have alittle fun in the process.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Will this work?-pete.jpg   Will this work?-fs-gt2-24ghz-radio-blue-04.jpg  
Old 01-27-2013, 04:52 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi, i dont know about the truck but the RX you have will work on 6v. The specs say 4.5 -6v.

Gav
Old 01-27-2013, 06:45 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

Generally the electronics in these are totally different . They will not plug into that style of receiver and use more than 3 wires to control them. You will probably need to replace all the electronics except the drive motor. Anything can be done it just depends on what it takes to do it.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:57 AM
Tech Rookie

So you think I would need a steering servo? Is there a decent and cheap one I could go with?
Old 01-27-2013, 12:11 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SUPERVAN
So you think I would need a steering servo? Is there a decent and cheap one I could go with?
you will likely need everything but the motor as stated above. You will basically need to put a speed control, reciever and steering servo in that thing. The best way to determine what will work is to wait until you get the truck then take it apart and get good pics of the steering assembly and electronics and post them here. That way everyone can get a look and maybe offer some suggestions as to what you can do to install a servo hook it up to the existing steering mechanism.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:20 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by rcfanatic573
you will likely need everything but the motor as stated above. You will basically need to put a speed control, reciever and steering servo in that thing. The best way to determine what will work is to wait until you get the truck then take it apart and get good pics of the steering assembly and electronics and post them here. That way everyone can get a look and maybe offer some suggestions as to what you can do to install a servo hook it up to the existing steering mechanism.
Alright, thats what I'll do. Hopefully it will be here by then end of the week. I've been scoping out parts at hobby king, pretty resonable. I might have to get back into the RC thing if stuff is this cheap.