Wiki Posts
Search

Heli Guy From Florida looking for some Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 05:11 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Heli Guy From Florida looking for some Help

Hey Guys, Im new too the Car scene, Been in the hobby around 6 years Started with cars but had a friend help and do most everything for me (setup etc) so i never really learned alot in that time period. I then got interested in helicopters around 5 years ago and have been flying them since so much so that i was able too get good enough to fly at a sponsored level, as i currently fly for SAB Heli division with the Goblin 700, altho this means nothing with cars as its a completely different addiction.

As of late i really wanted too start racing and getting back into the driving thing as i had not driven rc since i started flying... So about a month ago i had some extra funds and wanted too get a truck so i found out where my closest track was and messaged a few people to see what the biggest classes there were too get into. Ended up Buying a Losi TEN-SCTE 4x4 with a tekin pro4 4600 and rx8 ESC.

Have only been too the track and ran the truck there once and had lots of fun just wanted too get some advice from some more experienced drivers as far as setup, Tires, etc and where to go from here...

The local track if any of you are familiar with it is Go Hard Raceway in GCS Florida

Thanks for all the input guys
Old 01-26-2013, 12:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

If your looking for setup advice your best resource is going to be the guys at the track. No one will know their home track better.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Tires are 80% of the setup. I'd ask locally what everyone else is running and buy some of those. Your track might even have it's own forum here (mine does anyway). Great place to get setup tips!
Old 01-30-2013, 04:07 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by adamym
If your looking for setup advice your best resource is going to be the guys at the track. No one will know their home track better.
+1, ideal setups are usually the winning ones for the track you race at

However, not everyones driving style is the same, so you may find your own trial and error can help too.

Your gearing will also be important, so get a few practice runs in too before, or if your car is very over or undergeared it can cause expensive problems if it's wrong.

Pull the car in after 3 minutes of practice and see if the motor is excessively hot. if it is, then the car could be having an issue with too much acceleration, wheelspin or top speed which in turn heats up the motor and could cause damage to your esc and battery too.

If they guys you race against are good, i'm more than sure that they'll help you out with it.

I'm not trying to scare you off, just a gentle caution

Hope it all goes well!