Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Toy-Grade MaistoTech SLR

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 04:09 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Toy-Grade MaistoTech SLR

HI everyone, first of all, let me just say how appreciated I am of this site!! I have always been able to find my answers here from other threads without posting my own. So, this is actually my first (well, i am not sure, I created this account 4-5 years ago when I first started playing with RC.) Anyways, just a big thanks to all the RC veteran, admins, and everyone who puts effort in answering questions for us rookies!

Alright, so I am just coming back to the RC scene because I have a 2 weeks Christmas break from my University (No, i don't study mechanic or engineering... hahaha, that's what people assume when I tell them I play rc). I have been fixing up my TT01, TA05, and my yokomo drifters. I came across this MaistoTech SLR that my girlfriend bought me when we first started dating (yup, she bought it because she knew I played RC... the wrong kind) and I wanted to do something about it; So, I took the body off. When I opened it, it's completely different from what I had in mind. Anyways, I have some left over silver cans, some 13T, a 5T motors, and some brushed esc. I want to change the motor inside so it goes faster, but I don't know what the next step is of taking it apart to do so. Has anyone tried modifying a toy-grade on-road rc? I will also post up pics of my hobby-grade rc for share later

Thanks and Cheers!! Oh and Happy New Year

P.S: So apparently, I am not allow to post any photos yet because I have not reach enough posts. I am going to making more comments and threads.

Updates: So I have taking apart the motor, I measured the motor to be approximately 3.5cm, what would this motor be called? What's the speediest motor there is available? I still can't upload any pictures yet because I have had not made enough post

Last edited by Toughy; 12-30-2012 at 10:03 PM.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:02 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

that would i believe be a mini motor. look at the castle micro sidewinder line of motors and speed controlers or any mini brushed motor