Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Beginner's/Noobies question...HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 10:23 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Beginner's/Noobies question...HELP!!!

My cousin gave me a used RC car, but unfortunately don't have the transmitter and a charger. I decided to give it a shot as a beginner's RC car and hopefully i will love it soon...

My problem are the following.
1. What will be the TX brand or description will I have to purchase?
Note: The RC is having a crystal something that says 27 mhz.
2. What is the description of the battery will i have to purchase?
3. Is there a possibility to upgrade all the electic parts of the RC? What will be the products/brand that will fit in this RC (servo, esc, motor, etc.)

For the information of the RC cars, heres the specifications. (Extreme machines raptor traxx)
EXTREME MACHINE RAPTOR XX SPECIFICATIONS:
1) Product package size: 23”x 12.75” x 10.5”
2) Digital Proportional Steering and speed control
3) Transmitter type: AM Gun Style - not included
4) Battery: Ni-MH SC 7.2V 2500 MAH
- included w/ charger - not included
5) 8 AA (FOR TRANSMITTER,NOT INCLUDED)
6) Motor: 540 motor (20000 rpm/s)
7) 27 mhz or 49 mhz with 6 changeable
crystals for each frequency to race up to 6 vehicles

FEATURES:
1. Easy to change PVC truck body
2. 2CH digital proportional R/C system – Steering & Speed
3. Powerful 540 motor
4. All Wheel Drive
5. Electronic differential and braking system
6. Independent front and rear differential gears

Thank you in advance RC TEch...
Old 12-13-2012, 12:07 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

Here..http://extrememachinesrc.com/parts.htm

as for charger I'm sure many of use have old nicad 15 minute chargers lying in dust piles.. radio.. just about any modern radio will help u ..from the looks of it the one that came with that was a barebones am style radio..

if ur just gonna go out a few times then see if u can find something via. craigslist or ebay..I have seen entire system go 4 less than $12 shipped to ur door..

Battery upgrades I would not do those as ur current system more than likely go up in flames with Modern LIPO power.. just to powerful for ur current ESC..

Good luck..TnT
Old 12-13-2012, 01:28 PM
Tech Adept

Sir, thank you so much.

But can I replace/upgrade some of the parts like servo, esc, motor etc. to an aftermarket one? What would be the specs, if so? TIA
Old 12-13-2012, 08:16 PM
Suspended

you can replace all electronics in ur Truck.. go with ahigh speed high torque servo.. those can be had for$35 or less depends on what speed and how much torque u'll need Id say in the 125oz of torque range ad a servo with spee of .10 will do u..as for motors u can stay brushed many can be gotten for under $20 used and rebuilt .. say with esc;s bruhed are cheap now adays dont need a name brand cheapo work great to bash..under $20 also.. or go brushless with lipos and HS servos now ur talking More money special chargers so on.. Best of luck have fun I always do..
Old 12-13-2012, 11:18 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tntpoof
you can replace all electronics in ur Truck.. go with ahigh speed high torque servo.. those can be had for$35 or less depends on what speed and how much torque u'll need Id say in the 125oz of torque range ad a servo with spee of .10 will do u..as for motors u can stay brushed many can be gotten for under $20 used and rebuilt .. say with esc;s bruhed are cheap now adays dont need a name brand cheapo work great to bash..under $20 also.. or go brushless with lipos and HS servos now ur talking More money special chargers so on.. Best of luck have fun I always do..
this reply made my day, i'm so excited...thank you so much sir for the fast response...God Bless!!
Old 12-13-2012, 11:28 PM
Suspended

I give truthful info that's all.. enjoy as its probably my last post..U see they like admitted THiefs on this site and people with power .post useless info that is misleading and Dangerous..good luck here very few like me..
Old 12-15-2012, 03:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tntpoof
I give truthful info that's all.. enjoy as its probably my last post..U see they like admitted THiefs on this site and people with power .post useless info that is misleading and Dangerous..good luck here very few like me..
Not trying to start a fight but you post is very misleading. There are many great people on this site that help you a lot. I got almost all of info about rc here and have ever had a problem, NO. Yes there are definitely some bad people in the for sale threads but there are those people on every site and it only about .1% of people.

Back to the question though, I reccomemd you stick with your current setup to make sure rc is for you. If you truly love it or you think it's great fun then upgrade to brushless and lipos. That is what I started with. I got a brushed traxxas rustler used that for about 3 months. I used it most days and occasionally took it to the track. I then upgraded to brushless and am had awesome fun. Now I don't bash anymore I only race. I have a tlr 22 sct and koshyo rb5 sp2 wc. I'm only 14 but I have learnt so much through rc. Everything from gears to electronics to physics of cars. It's great. So I highly reccomemd you get in to rc and invite your friends. Its very fun and it gets me off bloody battlefield 3. Hahaha
Good luck.
Old 12-15-2012, 05:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

TNT, Now I realised that your the one that's scamming. Yep that will be you last post because your gone. See phil that's the only downside to this site. People like TNTpoof.
Old 12-16-2012, 05:50 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by OMG23RC
Not trying to start a fight but you post is very misleading. There are many great people on this site that help you a lot. I got almost all of info about rc here and have ever had a problem, NO. Yes there are definitely some bad people in the for sale threads but there are those people on every site and it only about .1% of people.

Back to the question though, I reccomemd you stick with your current setup to make sure rc is for you. If you truly love it or you think it's great fun then upgrade to brushless and lipos. That is what I started with. I got a brushed traxxas rustler used that for about 3 months. I used it most days and occasionally took it to the track. I then upgraded to brushless and am had awesome fun. Now I don't bash anymore I only race. I have a tlr 22 sct and koshyo rb5 sp2 wc. I'm only 14 but I have learnt so much through rc. Everything from gears to electronics to physics of cars. It's great. So I highly reccomemd you get in to rc and invite your friends. Its very fun and it gets me off bloody battlefield 3. Hahaha
Good luck.
Very nice advice do you have, considering that I am new to this hobby. Thanks for that. But i don't know what's happening between you and the other nice guy extending his help. Is there any dispute or feud? By the way thanks for the heads up guys!!! Good luck to me...
Old 12-16-2012, 09:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by phil_anselmo
My cousin gave me a used RC car, but unfortunately don't have the transmitter and a charger. I decided to give it a shot as a beginner's RC car and hopefully i will love it soon...

My problem are the following.
1. What will be the TX brand or description will I have to purchase?
Note: The RC is having a crystal something that says 27 mhz.
2. What is the description of the battery will i have to purchase?
3. Is there a possibility to upgrade all the electic parts of the RC? What will be the products/brand that will fit in this RC (servo, esc, motor, etc.)

For the information of the RC cars, heres the specifications. (Extreme machines raptor traxx)
EXTREME MACHINE RAPTOR XX SPECIFICATIONS:
1) Product package size: 23”x 12.75” x 10.5”
2) Digital Proportional Steering and speed control
3) Transmitter type: AM Gun Style - not included
4) Battery: Ni-MH SC 7.2V 2500 MAH
- included w/ charger - not included
5) 8 AA (FOR TRANSMITTER,NOT INCLUDED)
6) Motor: 540 motor (20000 rpm/s)
7) 27 mhz or 49 mhz with 6 changeable
crystals for each frequency to race up to 6 vehicles

FEATURES:
1. Easy to change PVC truck body
2. 2CH digital proportional R/C system – Steering & Speed
3. Powerful 540 motor
4. All Wheel Drive
5. Electronic differential and braking system
6. Independent front and rear differential gears

Thank you in advance RC TEch...
Put an AD in the wanted thread. Something like...
Wanted AM 27mhz radio transmitter and receiver + NiMH 7.2V battery and quick charger.

Maximum $50, less preferred... Ship local area only or pickup only.

Watch out with being bombarded with sellers.

h

Last edited by blis; 12-17-2012 at 12:52 AM.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:17 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by blis
Put an AD in the wanted thread. Something like...
Wanted AM 27mhz radio transmitter and receiver + NiMH 7.2V battery and quick charger.

Maximum $50, less preferred... Ship local area only or pickup only.

Watch out with being bombarded with sellers.

h
I will do sir, thanks for the share.