Wiki Posts
Search

Motor/ESC Wiring

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 03:16 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)
Default Motor/ESC Wiring

I bought a used SC10 and the ESC was bad so I ordered a new Castle. The motor that is in the truck is a Dynamite and has a Blue, Black and Red wires. The ESC has Red, Black and White. I unfortunately didn't pay attention when I unhooked the bad ESC. Which wires match up with which? I don't want to just assume that the red and blacks go together and then the blue and white?????
Old 10-19-2012, 12:10 AM
Tech Rookie

By the way you are describing the wires it sounds like a sensorless system. If so it doesn't matter which wires go with the other. Just plug them in and you should be good. If you hit forward and the wheels go backwards then just switch 2 of the wires around.
If it is sensored there should be A,B and C wires that need to pair up. Go to the Manufacturer's website and look up the manual.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:01 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)
Default info

Hi true sounds like a sensorless Motor..also loose that dynomite motor..JUNK mho..rather run a hobby parts or hobbyking motor..

Good luck.. the Net has alot of info just go to manufactures sites also Forum info is hit and miss..
Old 10-22-2012, 12:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Ignore the color of the wires. The 3 motor wires will be labeled A, B, and C on the motor can. Look by where they are soldered on. You need to connect those to the correct wire on the ESC. A to A, B to B, C to C, and then plug in the sensor harness if it has one.