Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
Comparing Losi, Mugen, Associated, etc. to Traxxas E-Revo...help. >

Comparing Losi, Mugen, Associated, etc. to Traxxas E-Revo...help.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Comparing Losi, Mugen, Associated, etc. to Traxxas E-Revo...help.

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 02:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Comparing Losi, Mugen, Associated, etc. to Traxxas E-Revo...help.

Hey guys...i'm new to this arena...and currently i just bought a Traxxas E-Revo and a mini e-revo...and i'd like to buy a buggy/truggy (i don't even know what the difference is between the two)...but i'd like to compare them to the larger E-Revo 1/10th scale.

I've seen in one youtube clip of a HPI Flux next to an E-Revo and even though an E-Revo says it's 1/10 scale...it's bigger than the 1/8th scale HPI Flux...which i don't understand as to why 1/10 is bigger than 1/8th...so...can someone explain it to me...and...

for those that do have an E-Revo and one or two of the other buggies...can u take a pic of the buggy next to the E-Revo so that I have an idea of the size of the buggies?...

also...can u guys rate...in order or best to least of which manufacture is better than the other...i know this is a loaded question but...i just want to be more informed cos i'm probably going to buy an electric buggy soon...thanks again...
Old 08-26-2012, 04:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IvVaum
Hey guys...i'm new to this arena...and currently i just bought a Traxxas E-Revo and a mini e-revo...and i'd like to buy a buggy/truggy (i don't even know what the difference is between the two)...but i'd like to compare them to the larger E-Revo 1/10th scale.

I've seen in one youtube clip of a HPI Flux next to an E-Revo and even though an E-Revo says it's 1/10 scale...it's bigger than the 1/8th scale HPI Flux...which i don't understand as to why 1/10 is bigger than 1/8th...so...can someone explain it to me...and...

for those that do have an E-Revo and one or two of the other buggies...can u take a pic of the buggy next to the E-Revo so that I have an idea of the size of the buggies?...

also...can u guys rate...in order or best to least of which manufacture is better than the other...i know this is a loaded question but...i just want to be more informed cos i'm probably going to buy an electric buggy soon...thanks again...
first off, the "10th" scale e-revo is really a true 8th scale vehicle. 8th scale > 10th scale. The e-revo is fine for bashing and is a good truck but i'd reccomend getting a buggy or truggy from losi, mugen, or durango if you plan on racing. The e-revo is called a monster truck by traxxas but it really is more of a truggy. Truggies are larger than buggies and have larger tires to boot. Buggies are more nimble, lighter and more responsive on the handling, where as truggies are a little slower, but more forgiving in the handling department. If you were going to get a buggy i'd suggest the tekno eb48, losi 8ight e 2.0, or the mugen mbx6 eco. Truggies i'd reccomend mugen mbx6tr, losi 8ight t 2.0 or the durango dnx408t. Truggies generally are mostly nitro and all come nitro from the factory, but they can be converted to electric with tekno or rc monster's conversion kits.
Hope this helps.
Old 08-26-2012, 04:52 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by IvVaum

Are you sure that pic wasn't a Revo next to a Flux XS?

Is this the pic?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/45749628@N02/4231480483/

I guess the Revo is pretty big...

I've got a Hot Bodies D8T and love it, only broke one part after a season+ of racing, the D8 Hara buggy should be pretty stout too.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:08 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21
first off, the "10th" scale e-revo is really a true 8th scale vehicle. 8th scale > 10th scale. The e-revo is fine for bashing and is a good truck but i'd reccomend getting a buggy or truggy from losi, mugen, or durango if you plan on racing. The e-revo is called a monster truck by traxxas but it really is more of a truggy. Truggies are larger than buggies and have larger tires to boot. Buggies are more nimble, lighter and more responsive on the handling, where as truggies are a little slower, but more forgiving in the handling department. If you were going to get a buggy i'd suggest the tekno eb48, losi 8ight e 2.0, or the mugen mbx6 eco. Truggies i'd reccomend mugen mbx6tr, losi 8ight t 2.0 or the durango dnx408t. Truggies generally are mostly nitro and all come nitro from the factory, but they can be converted to electric with tekno or rc monster's conversion kits.
Hope this helps.
thanks for your help...i appreciate it...i've narrowed my choices to either a mugen or a serpent...i'm kinda favoring towards the serpent in that it locates the batteries to both side of the body...whereas the others locate both batteries to one side...but then again...i know nothing about these things and why the batteries are located where they are...i'm sure the engineers have thought about this and the battery locations are where they are for a reason...other than "oh let's just put it some place"...

what are your thoughts on the two?...which is better?
Old 08-27-2012, 09:12 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by SLAYERDUDE
Are you sure that pic wasn't a Revo next to a Flux XS?

Is this the pic?

I guess the Revo is pretty big...

I've got a Hot Bodies D8T and love it, only broke one part after a season+ of racing, the D8 Hara buggy should be pretty stout too.

it might have been a flux xs...who knows...i don't remember, i just remember that the e-revo was larger but designated as 1/10th...but i guess it's just a marketing ploy...

your D8 Hara buggy...how does it compare to other buggies?...did u chose yours based off of affordability...durability...technically better....or was it just the spur of the moment type of buy???
Old 08-27-2012, 10:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

buggy is on the left and truggy on the right.

if you are looking to buy a buggy to race any of these will be good for racing except the hpi's. if you are looking to bash get the hpi's.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/index.ph...1-8-Buggy-Kits

for truggys you will probably want electric like your e revos you can't just get any because you will need to convert them to electric as they all come nitro. The ones to look at are losi/tlr 8t, associated rc8t, mugen mbx6t/mbx5t, and the hotbodies d8t.
Attached Thumbnails Comparing Losi, Mugen, Associated, etc. to Traxxas E-Revo...help.-buggy.jpg   Comparing Losi, Mugen, Associated, etc. to Traxxas E-Revo...help.-truggy.jpg  
Old 08-28-2012, 06:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

Hotbodies is a HPI....

you will like either...most people run the buddies bc its more technical to drive. the truggy is real easy and even more forgiving. i have both truggy and buggy and enjoy driving them both.

traxxas is more of a basher car. but if you wanna stick some good race tires and give the revo a chance on the track, you never know!!
Old 08-29-2012, 12:01 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Tran901
Hotbodies is a HPI....

you will like either...most people run the buddies bc its more technical to drive. the truggy is real easy and even more forgiving. i have both truggy and buggy and enjoy driving them both.

traxxas is more of a basher car. but if you wanna stick some good race tires and give the revo a chance on the track, you never know!!
will they allow the e-revo to run with the 1/8th buggies?
Old 08-29-2012, 03:28 PM
Tech Master

In a club race, I'm sure that will be fine. Just ask the track operator. Just make sure you have it set up right. No knobby huge off road tires. My e buggy runs pretty much the same as a e revo. 4s lipo with a 1800-2700ish 1/8th scale motor.

I know if a guy wanted to race a regular club race with one I wouldn't mind. I had a Stampede race with us in 2wd short course. But didn't run A main.
Old 08-29-2012, 04:52 PM
Tech Adept

i've never been to one of those races...just seen them on youtube...and to me...it seems slow...i'm thinking my e-revo can outrun those things...but of cos...i've never ran one...or seen one in real life...

i just know that the e-revo is real fast and can turn on a dime...so if u guys are saying the e-revo can't outrun a buggy...those buggies must be super fast...
Old 08-29-2012, 04:55 PM
Tech Adept

another question is...are the parts of the different manufactures all interchangeable...because they all look exactly the same...what makes one brand better than the other?
Old 08-29-2012, 06:06 PM
Tech Master

you just need to go to a race and check it out in person. it helps if you know someone there and drive one of their cars. i've had a couple e revos in the past and know that my truggy or my buggy would out handle it any day. anyone can be fast on a straight, but when it comes to turning and running on a track is a whole new game.

parts are different bt brands, some more sturdy and lighter than others.....not to bash traxxas, but i would have NEVER race my revo against my Rc8t
Old 08-29-2012, 10:31 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Tran901
you just need to go to a race and check it out in person. it helps if you know someone there and drive one of their cars. i've had a couple e revos in the past and know that my truggy or my buggy would out handle it any day. anyone can be fast on a straight, but when it comes to turning and running on a track is a whole new game.

parts are different bt brands, some more sturdy and lighter than others.....not to bash traxxas, but i would have NEVER race my revo against my Rc8t
ur not bashing...traxxas don't make the best stuff in the world..they are just more out there...if u build it...they will come...and that is traxxas' philosophy...

so would u ever bash your rc8t?...and in a straight away...would it outrun your e-revo?...sorry if i'm asking stupid questions...i have nothing to base it off of but the e-revo...
Old 08-29-2012, 10:40 PM
Tech Master

would i bash my rc8t? no , that thing is wayyyy to $$ to bash....there is a reason you don't see Traxxas at race events or them having a Team driver

this is why i don't bash my Rc8t
kit: $510
Motor and pipe: $675
Servos: $150

i have too much in it to just go "bash" when i had my E revo, i did bash it a lot, but then again, that Revo was designed for it!! i would take it to the park, and just let it rip across the field. there were many times id hit a root or small rock and it would send it flying!! i will let you know that Traxxas makes some TUFF cars/trucks. i know if i ever did that to my Rc8, it would be in pieces!!!

as for speed, its hard to say, my rc8t is nitro vs yours is Electric, i know that the revos would do every bit of 50-70mph depending on what you are running, and mine sure did!! i just know that if i had to race my rc8t or revo around a track, id take the rc8 any day...hands down.....when you get a chance to drive a "race car" you will know the difference...you won't look back

you're not asking dumb questions, this is what this sub forum is for...so ask away, i will try to answer your questions!!
Old 09-03-2012, 10:59 PM
Tech Rookie

really nice