Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade Traxxas Slash

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 04:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

just play with some set ups, you will find out what works best for you.....what someone else runs, may not help you..esp if your driving style is different.

i know you cant do it with traxxas, but i have my Tekin rx8 turned up but i have it turned down to 85% on my radio, and can change it up depending on the track set up.

your easiest thing to do, is go online and look at other racers set up sheets and see that they are running on the track that you will be running on. i had to set my Rc8.2 up for clay last weekend, and have to change it to bumpy off-road with loose traction for this weekend. that means changing shock angles, shock oils, adjusting sway bars, changing tires, etc. it sounds like a lot, but this is a hobby and should be fun. and i love tinkering with all the cars.

just take your time and remember to HAVE FUN!

btw, the truck i was talking about is the Team Durango Desr410 v2! im going to sell my losi when my new truck comes in
Old 07-27-2012, 09:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

So I went to the track for the first time last night with the sway bars, and the center diff installed. I used the black sway bars, and left the 100k in the center diff. The on power steering was greatly improved. I still rolled in tight turns but way less than before. I would like to improve off power steering, I like to brake right before the turn roll in and accelerate out any suggestions on how to improve the off power steering?

Lat night I blew up my stock motor. I'm able to pull the motor shaft out a 1/8 of an inch and put it back in. I called traxxas and it is going to be 40 to fix. I have been looking in the for sale section and there are several novaks, and oriens, and a tekin for around the same price. Do you have any suggestions, on a good motor, and will the work with the stock esc?

Last edited by blarouche; 07-27-2012 at 11:44 AM.
Old 07-27-2012, 11:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

when you say ROLL, do you mean traction roll? the only thing with the traxxas is whatever motor you get you need to put bullets on it...any of those motors you said are good ones. i run orion in my 2wd, and tekin in my 4wd....what kind of power are you looking for

those traxxas velineon are junk...they eat bearings
Old 07-28-2012, 12:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

Yeah traction roll it was way left thought. I took my motor apart and it looks like the bearing is shot. The lhs sells and rebuild kit for 13 I think I'm going to start there. I'm looking for a Losi scte and I have heard great things about tekin pro4. Probably going to use that Power plant. Thanks for the help.