Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help with parts for a new guy

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 12:14 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Help with parts for a new guy

Im new to the rc hobby world and find that im lost. I just picked up my first real hobby class rc and had no clue what i was getting into, but im loving the whole experience so far!

Im looking for some sort of skid plate or aftermarket lower chassis for my traxxas bandit vxl. I guess what i do with it is called 'bashing'? I live out in the woods so its going to be run hard. Any pointers on where i can find skid plates or even a list of aftermarket parts that will work with my bandit would be great! The more I look for parts the more I realize I bought the least popular RC it seems on the market so any help with where to find a good aftermarket source of parts would be nice.

Also if someone happens to know if there is another traxxas model that shares parts with the bandit that I might be able to substitute in my search would be sweet!

Also if someone knows if there is a good source for aluminum A-Arms (think thats the right one, the piece from the chassis to the wheel) can they point me to them?

Any help or pointers on skid plates and parts would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, snipe

Last edited by snipethewolf; 07-16-2012 at 06:17 PM.
Old 07-16-2012, 01:08 PM
Tech Regular

Welcome to the fun

I think you picked just about the perfect car for running in the woods, its durable and lots of fun.
I dont know if anyone actually make skid plates for the bandit but i dont think you will need it much. The chassis is pretty cheap for the car so just buy one to have as a spare.

What will save you lots of headaches is the RPM wide front bumper, its incredible how much abuse it can take and it saves your car from so many broken parts.

As for listed parts, you will probably find that the bandit isnt as popular a car as the rustler or slash so not many make aftermarket parts for it. But you are in luck because it shares soo many parts with the rustler that almost any rustler hop up you can find out there will fit the bandit. If you are in doubt go to traxxas homepage and find the exploded wievs for both cars and compare part numbers. If they are the same, the rustler hop up will also work for the bandit.

Have fun out there in the forest
Old 07-17-2012, 06:25 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the good info and start!

Any suggestions out there on some good shocks/springs? The stock ones seem to be holding up fine but I find myself doing a little bit of jumping and want to beef up the shock setup.

Any input on if the traxxas big bore ones are any good, or is there a better brand to go for shocks?

Oh and any input on good tires would be great! The stock ones did great one in the woods but burn off really quick when I hit a little pavement.