Search

Kyosho starter woes

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 10:20 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Kyosho starter woes

Hi all
I own a Kyosho V1s with a GS .15 engine
I purchased it run in and RTR and as much as it had its instantaneous headaches ive managed to pull through most without much drama, tuned it and had it running a dream, untill today.

Its as if the pull start mechanism is either catching or grabbing, during or just after starting and actually halting the engines movement.

once you release the pull cord and sit it in its seat, as the engine stalls you can see the cord flinch tighter as if snatched from inside.
also if you are still holding the cord when it stalls you can feel it breifly tug it from you.

I have had the thing apart today, rebuilt it and couldnt see any reason for it to continue....... but it did and ive now reached that frustrated point where i give up and ask if anyone else might be able to help me here.

ive also had a good look around online for info on the issue and keep coming up with ones where bearings just slip.

I am new to the forums, i am also fairly new to R/C cars.
any help here greatly appreciated.