Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First Build

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2005, 01:02 PM
Tech Rookie

Default First Build

Hi, I'm new to the R/C world, so I'm sure I will have lots of questions soon. This is the car I have ordered and it should be here next week This is going to be my first R/C car and first build.

Let me know what you think.

Manufacturer: Tamiya

Powered: Electric

Vehicle: Racing Saloon

Scale: 1:10

Drive: 4WD

Chassis: TB-01

Engine: 540 Electric Motor

Body: Ferrari

Old 02-20-2005, 01:25 PM
Tech Addict

ur gonna have fun with it! welcome to rc. just make sure you have plenty of money to spare lol. it costs money to be competitive. and building it, just take your time and you'll have a quality car. tamiyas are pretty easy i think to build
Old 02-20-2005, 03:53 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the welcome. All I need to get now is the Batteries, charger and transmitter and the receiver; I think that’s about it. I can get those later though. Building the car should keep me busy until then. I plan to do some modding. Does anyone know if I can buy some type of light that would fit under the car like some kind of lighting tube? I know I'm getting ahead of myself, but it’s good to get some ideas going for the future. Oh and one more question. What books or magazines would be good to get, on building and modding. I bought these magazines with the car as well.

A Beginners Guide To Radio Controlled Model Cars

and

Getting Started in Radio Control Cars
Old 02-20-2005, 04:39 PM
Tech Addict

that just for displaying purposes im guessing? well for bashing i guess thats fine. but if you wanna race those lights wont be necessary. or more like unnecessary. but the cheapesrt way would probably be get LEDs and a semitransparent straw. it works.
and i like rc world. but thats in japanese lol. dunno if you can read it or if you can get a hold of it.
Old 02-21-2005, 10:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Welcome To the wonderfull world of RC.

I sure hope you enjoy the hobby! I ended up building my car in a week and was quick to drain my account for the speed control, motor, batteries and tires. After a few practices, I found myself re emptying the account for all the parts I broke. be sure to ask tons of questions here (search the fourm for your answer first, It may have been posted before) eveyone here, I have learned, are very helpful !!!

Good luck and have FUN
Old 02-21-2005, 10:35 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the help guys. Looks like I've got some reading to do