R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone

Old 02-18-2005, 01:54 AM   #1
Tech Rookie

Angry My car won't start!!

I've got a Kyosho GP Ultima ST with a GX15 engine. I don't know why I have so many problems. Almost every weekend I'm at the hobby shop getting something fixed. I only had it back from the hobby shop last Sunday, when the guy replaced the clutch assy. It was running fine for a while, then suddenly conked out on me while I was running it and hasn't started since. The engine seemed a lot hotter than it normally was for the amount of time I used it. I did not change any of the needle settings so I don't think this is the problem. The pull cord is hard to pull and is jerky. I removed the glow plug and confirmed it gets hot when the ignightor is on it. I did manage to get it started once for a bit (elevated and the wheels turned a bit) but it died the minute I put it on the ground. Haven't gotten it to start again since. I've had many problems with the car, but getting it to start was never one of them.

Don't know if its related or not, but the car doesn't run smoothly if I push it back and forth along the ground with no power either.

What gives! Why ME!!
WillB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 07:42 AM   #2
Tech Initiate

Send a message via AIM to aschroeder

I'm no expert, but I have had the same problem. It might be the piston and sleeve. Does it have much compression? Hope this helps.

---Aschroeder---
aschroeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 08:38 AM   #3
Tech Adept

you dint mention the age of that engine..if it is brand new probaly it still very tight..try use ur finger to turn the fly wheel..it it really tight then try run rich...then sotp when it getting hot..let it cool down a try again...

try check your glow plug and glow initer..mostly have to change a new glow plug after break in.

then check for compresion..or leaking...from engine body to muffler to fuel line..and also to fuel tank.

it still cannot start...open the engine and wash it wit nitro oil...probaly something when in to ur engine while u chage cluth.

hope that help.
Vamsufer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 06:16 PM   #4
Tech Rookie

Smile

Took the car to the hobby shop. The car made a liar out of me I think. He took the glow plug off, gave the pull cord a couple of tugs, put the glow plug back in and it started. I did the same thing before and it made no differrence! He did say that the glow plug was not looking the best so I bought another one. I guess I'll replace it if I have a similar problem.

Thanks for the suggestions!
WillB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 10:41 PM   #5
Tech Initiate

usually if it dies when you put it on the ground it is because the clutch is not working properly. take your engine out and see if the clutch spins freely. or if possible just pull off the spur gear. (big plastic one) then see if the clutch spins free.
rippinRonM is offline   Reply With Quote