Search

Turnigy 1/10 Brushless 2WD Desert Racing Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 02:25 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Turnigy 1/10 Brushless 2WD Desert Racing Buggy

Does anyone have this vehicle?

Tried to post a link to HobbyKing's page for the vehicle but I haven't posted enough yet.

I ordered one, but have yet to rcv. it, and while speaking to someone at a local track about it they gave the opinion that it was over-sized and would not be allowed to race in 1/10 scale races...but he qualified that by saying it was something he'd "heard" but had not seen one first hand. Has anyone had any issues racing their's at tracks?

Thank you.
Old 04-04-2012, 02:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)

Let me know how you like it. I was thinking of ordering one, but would like some input first. I'm not so muching looking to race it. But something to play around the house with.

Thanks,
Tom
Old 04-04-2012, 02:35 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BandS
Does anyone have this vehicle?

Tried to post a link to HobbyKing's page for the vehicle but I haven't posted enough yet.

I ordered one, but have yet to rcv. it, and while speaking to someone at a local track about it they gave the opinion that it was over-sized and would not be allowed to race in 1/10 scale races...but he qualified that by saying it was something he'd "heard" but had not seen one first hand. Has anyone had any issues racing their's at tracks?

Thank you.
you would have to race in short course buggy class with that because yes that would be to big for 2wd buggy class but usually at my track they allow people to run them in the short course 2wd class if theres not enough entries for s.c.b i would recommend getting a few sets of spares as im sure most hobby shops dont carry parts for that
Old 04-04-2012, 02:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I just looked it up and it is roughly 3inches longer and 2inches wider than an AE B4.1 making it definitely not a conventional 1/10th buggy assuming the published dimensions are correct.

Based on size and appearance, it most closely resembles a 1/10th Short-Course Buggy but that class has largely failed to catch on in most areas. If your local track has a "catch-all" Novice class like mine does, you'll probably be welcome to run it there but otherwise, there probably won't be any other real good class for you to race it in.

Also, unless your local track has a velcro racing surface, the availability of "race-grade" tires will also likely be a limiting factor in how well it will do on a track. It appears that it might take conventional SC tires but I can't tell for sure from the pics.
Old 04-04-2012, 02:48 PM
Tech Initiate

Some tracks around here have a SCB class...I was wondering if anyone knew if Hobbyking's listing of 1/10 scale for the vehicle was incorrect, as I think most around here race 1/10 scale, and am hoping I didn't screw up ordering it only to find it can't race in 1/10 scale SCB races.
Old 04-04-2012, 02:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Rcduder's and my point was that it should be Ok for the SCB class.
Old 04-04-2012, 02:56 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by highster
Let me know how you like it. I was thinking of ordering one, but would like some input first. I'm not so muching looking to race it. But something to play around the house with.

Thanks,
Tom
There's a really in depth review of the vehicle and listings of parts that will cross-over for it, etc: (it's about 23 pages long)

http://www.ultimaterc.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=138665

I ordered it based on all the feedback in that thread.
Old 04-04-2012, 02:56 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by MarkA
Rcduder's and my point was that it should be Ok for the SCB class.
Ok, thank you!!