Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone

Old 03-31-2012, 05:11 PM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Default Driving skills

I am a beginner but trying to learn maintenance and driving skills. I own 1/10

Losi 22 2wd Buggy 13.5 Tekin
Losi XXX-SCT Mod 2wd 13.5 Tekin
Losi TEN-SCTE 4x4 6.5 Tekin

I wonder which two of these are about the same. My track is outdoor clay road with jumps.

One fella said the Buggy and SCT Mod are similar to run because they are both 2wd, drift similarly, etc and mixing 2wd and 4x4 requires advanced skills.

Another said SCT Mod 2wd and SCTE 4X4 are similar because they are both trucks with a similar center of gravity, tires, body, etc.

All three run great and I have no preference. But which two are the similar ones? I want my driving skills to quickly improve. I'll learn the third one later.
TakeAim
TakeAim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 06:37 PM   #2
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAim View Post
I am a beginner but trying to learn maintenance and driving skills. I own 1/10

Losi 22 2wd Buggy 13.5 Tekin
Losi XXX-SCT Mod 2wd 13.5 Tekin
Losi TEN-SCTE 4x4 6.5 Tekin

I wonder which two of these are about the same. My track is outdoor clay road with jumps.

One fella said the Buggy and SCT Mod are similar to run because they are both 2wd, drift similarly, etc and mixing 2wd and 4x4 requires advanced skills.

Another said SCT Mod 2wd and SCTE 4X4 are similar because they are both trucks with a similar center of gravity, tires, body, etc.

All three run great and I have no preference. But which two are the similar ones? I want my driving skills to quickly improve. I'll learn the third one later.
TakeAim
if i was you i would just keep rotating around through all of them so you can prcatice with them all each the same amount but yes i would think the sc's would be more alike, due to how they jump and the center of gravity like you said
rcduder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 06:53 PM   #3

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

if you can learn to drive a 2wd 10th buggy you will be able to drive any rc car!! 2wsd mod buggy is the hardest to drive fast and consistant.. when you can drive that will will be a good to great driver.. jeremy
Jeremy Whiting - serpent america - desoto racing - apicco race engines - RcRenew - jconcepts - Rc Pro Products - ko propo eurus - ko propo servos - VP PowerMaster Fuels - Answer-rc usa - advantage racing products - Parma/pse bodies - serpent 811 2.1 - 811t
J.Whiting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 07:16 PM   #4
Tech Apprentice

Several people have said in 1/10 scale that driving a buggy is the most difficult car because you have to be so precise. Once learned, it develops skills used in other cars, while a 4x4 is frequently raced like a basher and doesn't require the finese of a buggy.

Interesting that at our club, the stock SCT have times about that of mod SCT. The boys keep saying slow and precise is fast.

P.S. I was born in Whiting, Indiana, Mr Moderator.
TakeAim
TakeAim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 08:35 PM   #5

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAim View Post
Several people have said in 1/10 scale that driving a buggy is the most difficult car because you have to be so precise. Once learned, it develops skills used in other cars, while a 4x4 is frequently raced like a basher and doesn't require the finese of a buggy.

Interesting that at our club, the stock SCT have times about that of mod SCT. The boys keep saying slow and precise is fast.

P.S. I was born in Whiting, Indiana, Mr Moderator.
TakeAim
cool. we have a whiting here in wisconsin.. about 2 hours from where i was born.. plain old madison..

yes buggy 2wd is the hardest.. unless you get into gas racing then the 2wd stadium gas truck is right up there also.. jeremy
Jeremy Whiting - serpent america - desoto racing - apicco race engines - RcRenew - jconcepts - Rc Pro Products - ko propo eurus - ko propo servos - VP PowerMaster Fuels - Answer-rc usa - advantage racing products - Parma/pse bodies - serpent 811 2.1 - 811t
J.Whiting is offline   Reply With Quote