Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
If your new and want to say hi, post it here >

If your new and want to say hi, post it here

Like Tree52Likes

If your new and want to say hi, post it here

Old 06-18-2017, 08:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 19 (91%+)

Hey guys, another new Bay Area guy, just got my 22-4 2.0 rolling and its a blast, wrapping up an scte 3.0 which I know I am going to love. For the past month I have been sponsoring A-Main(ROFL) and hope to groom my kids into the fun. I am a nurse who works NOC, so I have been spending much time at the few local spots. Been a TLR fanboy since I was a kid! Although I may just pull the trigger on an xray or a tekno 4wd 1:10 if it ever comes true!

Happy dad's day guys and props to the fathers who work hard to balance their(and their kids) time inside and out of the house, having fun and meeting good people is what its all about(and taking a TQ here and there wont hurt!).
EbbTide and TSmitty like this.
Old 06-30-2017, 05:17 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey everyone, new guy here from middle Georgia.

Picked up a Losi Ten MT after quite a bit of research and wanting a RTR. Ran it today for the first time running 2S 5200mah 50C and I have to say I am quite impressed with it. I have heard of guys running 3S in this truck and I can't imagine needing to go much faster lol.

Anyway I will be browsing the forum quite a bit, I know this truck isn't all that popular but I will contribute where I can.
Old 07-30-2017, 07:10 AM
Tech Rookie

Default new to rc tech

Been out of rc for a while, thought maybe I should do something with all the stuff I have accumulated. I have an old 2.5 tmaxx, extended chassis, hyper 21 motor that I would like to upgrade motor on. Looking for suggestions
Old 08-04-2017, 01:34 PM
Tech Rookie

Many Years off, started with a Tamiya Hot Shot, followed by a JRX-2, Schumacher Cat XLS, JRX-T, then took a few years off.

Came back years later with an HPI Nitro RS4 Losi XXX-CR, XXX-4, and XXX-S (Ya, I'm pretty much a Team Losi guy I guess haha)

Probably won't be racing any more, looking at getting a Crawler/Basher, hopefully something that can do a bit of both.
Old 08-16-2017, 09:26 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey I am new to rctech! So glad I found out about this forum! I am trying to find a good solid 1/8 truggy to bash right out of the box. It can be a kit. And what are good "cheaper" electronics for it.
Old 09-04-2017, 07:35 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Hello!

I am new, here and am endlessly curious. Thank you.
Old 09-19-2017, 03:58 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi from Norway ai have a cr01 unimog so is yousd fore competition and toring
Old 10-06-2017, 12:11 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi, i'm new here. Realized this seemed to be the spot for 4 wheeled RC's so joined up.

Got back into hobby about two years ago mainly due to my (now) 5 year old son. We are having a blast, and i'm hooked now. Recently got into nitro for first time and enjoying that - the smell, noise, tuning, and blowing peoples mind when they see one for the first time.

Cars - Ofna Ultra, nitro Sport, Animus, Plasma Edge, Tamiya Dump Truck, Rustler, Summit 1/16, Hornet, Redcat Blackout, Smarttech 1/10 road (incoming)
Old 10-10-2017, 08:39 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Hello

Like the post says, I'm new and want to say HI. I've only had an RC car (4 now) since Spring. Planning to give Legends a try in a week or 2 when the season starts locally. Hoping its easier than it looks.
Old 10-21-2017, 04:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Howdy! New to R/C, been reading quite a bit. I am active on many firearms boards and wanted a hobby that I thought was going to not be as expensive. How wrong I was. Looking forward to some good builds in the future.
Old 11-03-2017, 09:28 AM
Tech Rookie

Just wanted to say hi guys new at all this stuff
Old 11-06-2017, 12:58 PM
Tech Rookie

New to the forum! Not new to RC. I started with a e-revo and an X-ray T2 and expanded to Crawling a few months ago. Now my Team Associated PROSC will be here tomorrow.
Old 11-07-2017, 12:02 PM
Tech Rookie

Hello, Never done this before, here goes......
I have 2006 Dodge Ram 1500, 5.8 ltr engine, auto trans, 167,000 miles on engine
I have been losing oil pressure, done to zero pressure, this past year.
Just recently the pressure went out and the engine started knocking. I changed the rod bearings thinking I spun a bearing.
The bearings were kind of worn, nothing major, normal wear. However, I did take out about 20 ounces of sand out of the oil pan.
The engine starts up knocking, the knocking fades out after a few seconds then runs smooth until the engine warms up. Sounds like lifters tapping after the oil is warmed.
This has been going on for 3 weeks now, the problem is not getting any worse, seems to be consistent.
Question is do you think changing the lifters would work on quieting the knock at the start and the tapping after the engine is warm ?
The engine does run quiet and smooth after the first few 8 knocks or so from the start. Takes about 5 minutes for the other tapping to kick in. I tried an oil stabilizer, seemed to help.
Any suggestions other than overhauling the motor, or replacing the engine?
Old 11-09-2017, 09:04 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey guys! I'm new to the forum but not new to R/C. I've been in the hobby for 5 years and joined to share my projects I've been working on. I'm hoping I can help out a lot of people on the forums, the community for R/C and everyone's willingness to help is one of the things that really sets it apart from other hobbies in my opinion.
Old 11-16-2017, 11:19 AM
Tech Rookie

hey, my name is Christophe , i am from Belgium i hope you al can read the things i will post because my english is not so good but i have some questions that i like to ask in the forums and i hope to learn some things from te forums , i have a yokomo bd7 2015 13,5t and yokomo bd7 2016 17.5t
EbbTide likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.