Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

If your new and want to say hi, post it here

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2015, 12:39 AM
Tech Rookie

Hello I'm from Southern Cal. It's been very interesting how the RC world has developed. I bought a HPI Nitro road car back in 2000. I'm going to go electric 1/10 scale SC truck this time and it's pretty difficult trying to decide which one to buy. I wanna run it at my local track (Thunder Alley - Beaumont, CA) for fun as I know I just couldn't afford to race competitively. Any advice would be awesome!
Love the forums and great questions.
Old 03-14-2015, 09:15 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey yall im new here so im just saying hello!
Old 03-17-2015, 06:06 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi guys,

Paolo here from Curacao, originally from Aruba (tiny islands near the Venezuelan coast, we're part of the Dutch Kingdom).

I'm racing R/C TC-elec for about 2~3 yeas now, started out with a Sakura Zero-S (I wanted something to do on Sundays and I didn't want to spend a fortune) but now thousands of dollars spent I'm now racing very competitively with a VBC D-06 in the TC-ELEC category and just now am practicing with a "hand-me-down" Serpent 733/Nova Flash PT .12 and I really enjoy it!

My story:
About 15 years ago in Aruba I began racing R/C with a Serpent - I can't even remember the model - because way back then electric cars/technology wasn't that attractive, everybody I knew was running nitro models....and about a year after that I quit/paused the R/C stuff when I moved to Curacao. Fast forward to 2012, I encountered the R/C club during one of their int'l races and got hooked. I saw that LIPO technology was readily available so I decided to continue...best decision ever!!

Last edited by PapoRacing; 03-17-2015 at 06:14 AM. Reason: To be more specific
Old 03-19-2015, 01:54 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Hello from a newbie

I just wanted to say hi to everyone and I have enjoyed reading the posts. I have been out of the electronics hobby for about 25 years and now I'm trying to help my grandson with his RC race car. Man, how things have changed. I have questions about a 5.8 Ghz transmitter and receiver for his car and I'm not sure where to post those kind of questions. Any suggestions of posts to read would be helpful. Thank you.
Old 03-30-2015, 07:59 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi I'm new to forum why are my album pics being turned sideways or upside down.

Last edited by Lprkon; 03-30-2015 at 11:19 PM.
Old 04-03-2015, 05:50 AM
Tech Rookie

Cool newbie, and jumped in with both feet

new to the hobby got into it for something for son and i to do together and I took to it like a crack addict. spend day and night looking at upgrades paint jobs etc.
havent even made it to the local tracks, if i ask a stupid question i apologize to you now. But from what ive read on here everyone seems to be more then helpful
Glad I can support my local hobby store as everytime i walk in they hit monthly number as in 5 months im 3 vehicles in and thats just a start im sure
Old 04-05-2015, 07:35 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Getting back into it

Hello all,

I have an older T-Maxx and Axial sc-10 rock crawler, but just purchased a Ecx Torment for the step son and got hooked again. So much easier to drop a battery in and go, than to try and tune the nitro and try and keep it running.

I am going to be purchasing one for myself now and would love to get into racing, I see there is a track in Hudson, Florida so I will be heading up there to see what it is all about.

So my first question, Ecx: ok for beginner racing, if not what would be a good starter racer that is not very expensive?

Question 2: 2x4 or 4x4 which is more used for racing?

Thanks in advance for any answers, I hope this is something I can really get into and enjoy with the step son. He really enjoys his Torment.

Kilmoth
Old 04-07-2015, 02:00 AM
Tech Rookie

Want to say hi to everybody.
I'm a fresh to RC tech. Will study here.
Old 04-12-2015, 04:29 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Hi from Broken Arrow, OK

Brand new to RC racing, but ready to get my feet wet. It looks to me like my best bet might be 1/10th scale off-road beginner buggy, but I'm even speculating on that. Any feedback, help, suggestions...etc. will be greatly appreciated.
Ron
Old 04-17-2015, 06:56 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey, I'm kinda new to the RC world. I've had an RC car before and got ride if it and don't remember much about the sport. Looking for something that is an electric off-road buggy/truggy style; needs to run with a lipo battery; and needs to have parts at my local hobby shop. Thanks in advance and any comments are greatly appreciated.
Old 04-18-2015, 07:39 PM
Tech Rookie

New member in AZ. My son has been quite interested since we gave him a ECX Torment four years ago. I recently got myself a slightly upgraded traxxas slash from a co worker and we are looking forward to spending some time together dueling in the desert! Primarily came looking for some tech help which I'll start a thread for if I don't find my answer here already.

Looking forward to learning.
Attached Thumbnails If your new and want to say hi, post it here-img_0284.jpg  
Old 04-21-2015, 10:09 AM
Tech Initiate

Default new to the forum

hey I'm mike from buffalo ny , finally up on the forum just wanted to introduce myself in here . used to have so much time for rc racing especially when i lived in sacramento. here in buffalo ny even when i have the time there aren't to many meets going on around my area ,hopefully this may lead to finding some local racers in my area , 716

good day -enwhy
Old 05-05-2015, 11:36 PM
Tech Addict

Hi all, I'm in New South Wales, Australia

I've been reading these forums for a while to look for tech advice and hints/tips etc etc, but never actually registered

See ya around
Old 05-10-2015, 05:43 PM
Tech Rookie

Just wanted to pop in and say Hi. I have been lurking for a few days. I bought a new T-Maxx 3.3 and am learning as I go. Getting some GREAT info from the guys in that section. Looks like a great community ya'll have here. I am from West Michigan and am looking for places to run.
Old 05-11-2015, 05:36 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi all new to here but not the hobby. Been playing with Rockets and airplanes since the early 70's and got my first Hobby grade car (Tamya Hornet) in the late 70's. I ended up just opening a part time Hobby shop to feed the addiction.
Mr. Bob
Countyline Hobbies
Grovertown, IN.
574-540-1123

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.