Wiki Posts
Search

newbie with sc10 clicking issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 07:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default newbie with sc10 clicking issue

hey everyone . i just picked up a AE sc10rs 2wd brushless rtr.. well i drove the truck for a little while today just trying to get the hang and feel for it.. well when i would accelerate i would hear a clicking.. i tried searching for the issue and i think i might of found some threads on the kits needing shims in the diffs but i found nothing for a RTR.. any ideas? i'd hate to break something before i have more than 1/2 hour of runtime on the truck.

thanks
Old 01-28-2012, 09:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Unless the kit version comes with the shims, there would be no reason not to follow the advice from the threads you have found.
Old 01-29-2012, 07:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

I picked up two of the RS RTR vehicles a few months back and they both had the clicking noise from the diff after about 15 minutes of drive time. Contacted AE and they send out a shim kit for each one. The shim kit is just a couple of....well, shims. Not sure of the thickness, but I'm sure you could buy some at your LHS.
Old 01-29-2012, 02:14 PM
Tech Rookie

I had the same "clicking" issue with my truck. I took the diff apart cleaned it and regressed it. This fixed the issue. Never tried the shim thing, but that might work too. Good luck!
Old 02-27-2012, 04:16 PM
Tech Adept

The shim kit has been a fix for the gear diff for a while, it was an issue even with the original SC10s. You just have to add 1 inside the diff for better meshing of the spider gears and you'll never have an issue again.