Wiki Posts
Search

Hello

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 01:53 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Hello

Morning,
Just joined a few days ago, I have been lurking for a while now. Did not feel right just jumping into things without a quick introduction. I started out in RC back in 94 with an RC10GT Team truck that I bashed with and ran on a couple of tracks while in the Marines. Once out I started focusing on full size cars again and that was short lived with life/family commitments pausing things.

Started playing a little in RC a few years back when I got my Son a Stampede for Christmas. Recently I acquired a nitro LST and Revo that needed some TLC. I have been going through those and teaching my Son and Daughter about them along the way. My Son has gotten very interested in racing so for Christmas this year he got a Slash with hopes of racing in the Slash Spec class once he gets the hang of things. Of course so I could provide the best help I had to pick up a brushless Slash so I could understand how to help him set his up….
For now we are just attending practice nights and plan on coming to watch a race or two. We were all set for this last Monday when we had a small setback. He fractured his Elbow during a Futsal Game on Sunday and is now has a full cast on his right arm. So we sat this one out, but might try it next week. I will get to cover his marshalling duties till he gets his cast off.

We are looking forward to lots of RC racing over the next year.