Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RC n00b!

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 10:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Not off the top of my head, sorry. Wheels you can try any of the major manufacturers, proline, aka, losi...you could also check the for sale section on here. There's tons of tires and wheels being sold and if your bashing you can't go wrong.
Old 01-25-2014, 07:42 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by OneHundred%Ng
Not off the top of my head, sorry. Wheels you can try any of the major manufacturers, proline, aka, losi...you could also check the for sale section on here. There's tons of tires and wheels being sold and if your bashing you can't go wrong.
Thanks man. I see a couple bodies that look decent, but they come unpainted. I noticed on eBay people paint them and sell them for a bit more. I might just go with a new OEM body. So any 1/10th scale wheels will work for my Rustler? I don't like the tires coming apart lol
Old 01-25-2014, 08:31 AM
Tech Regular

Here you go

http://prolineracing.com/rustler-electric-vxl/

From my understanding all traxxas are 2.8. You can put 2.2 tires with wheels as long as they mount up on the axle. Are yours hex or do they just slide on the axle?

I think I have a set of new 2.8 badlands on some proline wheels. Have never used them and probably won't ever. Ill double check, if your interested in buying them.
Old 01-25-2014, 10:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Here you go

From my understanding all traxxas are 2.8. You can put 2.2 tires with wheels as long as they mount up on the axle. Are yours hex or do they just slide on the axle?

I think I have a set of new 2.8 badlands on some proline wheels. Have never used them and probably won't ever. Ill double check, if your interested in buying them.
the electric rustler uses 12mmm hexes, and 2.2 wheels fit without any modification. I think the nitro rustler used the bearings in the wheel.
Old 01-25-2014, 11:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by minilantern
$200 for 1/16 scale is a bit too expensive I think
1/16 scale is only as big as your palm hand
Well maybe a pro basketball players hand, but still way smaller than a 1:10

Problem with speed and small size is that they get spazzy. The larger footprint your car/truck makes the more stable it is likely to be at speed.

If you just want bash-a-rific fun I would suggest a 4x4 SC or Monster Truck. Traxxas is a good standby as they are durable with plenty of parts support. And if your interest grows beyond Traxxas to something more race oriented you can always resell a Traxxas easy enough if you are not trying to get all your bling money back.
Old 01-25-2014, 01:14 PM
Tech Initiate

Here you go

Not sure what the difference is. 2.8 a bigger rim then a 2.2 I suppose?

There is a picture on the previous page where the wheels mount. It goes on a plastic hex thing. I would be interested if the price is right. I also made a WTB thread.

And there is bearings built into the bearing carrier lol.

Ibenton... I already got a fun RC.
Old 01-25-2014, 05:10 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ThePanda
the electric rustler uses 12mmm hexes, and 2.2 wheels fit without any modification. I think the nitro rustler used the bearings in the wheel.
The hexes I agree with ,but are you sure the electric is 2.2. Traxxas has the rusty with 2.8 black chrome all stars on their site. You made me second guess it It's been awhile since I messed with a rustler but I pretty sure that's what they are. I could be wrong.

Originally Posted by 4drturbo
Not sure what the difference is. 2.8 a bigger rim then a 2.2 I suppose?

There is a picture on the previous page where the wheels mount. It goes on a plastic hex thing. I would be interested if the price is right. I also made a WTB thread.

And there is bearings built into the bearing carrier lol.

Ibenton... I already got a fun RC.
Yeah 2.8 is bigger and the the tires and wheels I have mounted on F-11 2.2/3.0.
So they won't fit. I would measure your hexes on the axle and inner diameter of your wheel to make sure. Panda may be right on the size, but I still feel they are 2.8. You might also have some part numbers on the wheels and tires. Let me know what you find cus that's got me thinking.