Wiki Posts
Search

Looking for 4WD buggie or Truggy

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 02:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default Looking for 4WD buggie or Truggy

I'm new to RC I want to get me a 4WD buggy or truggy. I want it electric and RTR. Under 300 would be nice can spend a bit more if needed. I was looking at the Losi 8 mini, DBX Mini Savage truck and lazer. I just need something to run around in i dont think ill be racing yet but would like a car that i could possibly upgrade parts and race later. Dirt mostly, something to go on Snow if they even go in snow? Would also like to be kinda fast.

I might consider nitro but I heard they are more expensive to run having to buy fuel. How much does fuel really cost and how much do you use?

I really have no idea what im looking for. I just bought my kid a E-revo and looking for something to run around with him. Recommendations please.
Old 09-28-2011, 02:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chevmaro
I'm new to RC I want to get me a 4WD buggy or truggy. I want it electric and RTR. Under 300 would be nice can spend a bit more if needed. I was looking at the Losi 8 mini, DBX Mini Savage truck and lazer. I just need something to run around in i dont think ill be racing yet but would like a car that i could possibly upgrade parts and race later. Dirt mostly, something to go on Snow if they even go in snow? Would also like to be kinda fast.

I might consider nitro but I heard they are more expensive to run having to buy fuel. How much does fuel really cost and how much do you use?

I really have no idea what im looking for. I just bought my kid a E-revo and looking for something to run around with him. Recommendations please.
This is complicated as most people have more than one car to accomplish this. I race 2 classes 1/8 buggy and truggy. This summer I have used 6 1/2 gallons of fuel.... I RACED ALOT. I pay about 25-28 dollars a gallon. I normally buy 2 cases a year.

I only race. I dont bash my stuff just to bash it. I NEVER EVER run ANY nitro in the winter. I pay for my stuff and need it to last. Seen to many people ruin their 300-400 dollar engines running them in snow.

You may want to go EP.
Old 09-28-2011, 03:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

look at the brushless slash 4x4.

Very high durability, ease to find parts, reasonably priced, and should be a blast bashing around.

It's not really a race truck but that's not in your stated requirements. You "can" race it but others are a bit more suited.

You will NEED to do some research in waterproofing as all my experience states NEVER run in water or snow. I've heard the traxxas have waterproof ESC's and other stuff to help out but that information should be checked before you try it. Water and electronics can be a costly oops.

edit: did some looking and it looks to be waterproof.. check with traxxas to be sure but looks great to me

https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...ns&pn=TRA68085
Old 09-30-2011, 08:10 AM
Tech Adept

Default Roller

You won't even get an e roller for under 400