Wiki Posts
Search

not a rookie but..... have a rookie question

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 07:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default not a rookie but..... have a rookie question

might have a rookie question. Just picked up a b4 yesterday, never had a 1/10 buggy dont know anything about them lol. Were starting a indoor class this winter with them,so i figured i would get one because that's were everyone is going! So my question is motor. What is to much? I took my 17.5 novak out of my sc10 and put in it,but i havent ran it at a track just up the street last night, I didnt know if that would be too slow or decent. I have a castle system too but im sure that would be too fast! Any imput would be appreciated!
Old 09-04-2011, 07:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Running on the street looks slow compared to the track. When you get into the confines of a track, things look a lot different. A 17.5 is a good place to start with a buggy. They are very nimble and light compared to other classes. I ran a 13.5 with a boosted ESC for quite a while and have since moved up to a 10.5 which I think is the limit. Anything above that is for the pros, IMO. I don't know of anyone that runs anything bigger than that at our track and most run the 13.5.
Old 09-04-2011, 07:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

thanks for the reply
Old 09-19-2011, 07:34 PM
Tech Master

I would look at the class's they are running. If its Mod 2wd buggy then the 17.5 will be to slow. A 13.5 or 10.5 are good choices for mod.
Old 09-24-2011, 10:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

In most cases if the person behind the wheel is a good driver the 13.5 would b pretty good depending on how big the track is that is....the 10.5 is a very good all-around motor
If u r running turbo the 13.5 is a rocket...7.5 and smaller turns r fun but not the greatest choice