Search

Futaba 3PM MX

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 07:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Questions?? Futaba 3PM MX

Question-

I have a Futaba 3PM MX that I have been using with my SC10 4x4. I just picked up a TC5R and was wondering how to change the model with out losing my SC10 settings so I can run my TC5? Its not clear to me in the manual.
Thank you.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I have that radio and love it.

1) Hit the select ("SEL") button until your screen says "SEL" across the top with the model name on the bottom. If you haven't renamed your model, it will be something like "M01-01".
2) Press the "CH" button to scroll through the other models.
3) Since you're going to be creating a new one for your new car, just stop at "02"
4) Hold down both the "+" and "-" buttons until the radio beeps. You're now on your other cars' setting.
Old 07-28-2011, 11:58 AM
Tech Regular

MarkA- Thanks for the help!
Old 07-28-2011, 04:09 PM
Tech Regular

MarkA-

I cant get my mamba max pro to calibrate?? All three lights are blinking on the esc and on the receiver its blinking green. I think I tryed everything..... changed the reverse settings and changed settings to 100%... Im may just throw it through the wall.... maybe not. Any ideas??
Thank you!
Old 07-29-2011, 08:07 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Chief
MarkA-

I cant get my mamba max pro to calibrate?? All three lights are blinking on the esc and on the receiver its blinking green. I think I tryed everything..... changed the reverse settings and changed settings to 100%... Im may just throw it through the wall.... maybe not. Any ideas??
Thank you!
Does your steering servo work fine? If it does, that means the Tx/Rx are working fine and the issue is with your ESC. If not, try re-binding your Tx/Rx even if you have the green light.

Otherwise, I can't claim to know enough about that ESC to be of much specific help. You may want to start a new thread for that here so that more people will see it.
Old 07-29-2011, 02:30 PM
Tech Lord

Flashing all colors usually means the esc is not receiving a valid signal from the rcvr - check that its not plugged in backwards.....
Old 07-30-2011, 03:13 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by MarkA
Does your steering servo work fine? If it does, that means the Tx/Rx are working fine and the issue is with your ESC. If not, try re-binding your Tx/Rx even if you have the green light.

Otherwise, I can't claim to know enough about that ESC to be of much specific help. You may want to start a new thread for that here so that more people will see it.
It now works after the re-binding.

There is a problem with the steering servo. every time I turn the led on the receiver turns red. The steering is either in the center position or full turn, there is also a 3-5 sec delay before the servo moves. It will return to center and the led on the receiver will turn back to green. I have not messed with the settings too much yet because of the red led, any thoughts guys? (Savox 1256)
Thanks
Old 07-30-2011, 12:53 PM
Tech Regular

I addad a Novak Copasiator and now its all good.
Old 07-31-2011, 12:16 PM
Tech Champion

Some Savox servos are known to draw more current than some ESC's can provide into the BEC. That obviously can lead to issues with everything that runs off the BEC including the receiver. The capacitor is helping for now but if the issue re-occurs, you may need a receiver pack.